New Gen of Scion XB got 2.4 engine! [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: New Gen of Scion XB got 2.4 engine!

Tiki
04-25-2007, 05:21 PM
http://www.scion.com/nextgen/

I just saw this one Scion website. Try download and see spec of new XB, they're using 2.4L engine with 158 HP...

Interior looks like Element + New CRV...

what do you guys think?

Flobox
04-25-2007, 05:36 PM
http://www.scion.com/nextgen/

I just saw this one Scion website. Try download and see spec of new XB, they're using 2.4L engine with 158 HP...

Interior looks like Element + New CRV...

what do you guys think?

I carefully compared the Scion xB and the Element when I was cross-shopping in Oct 2006. It basically came to a 3 way comparison between:

A new/lightly used Element. ($16K-$19K range)
A new Scion xB ($16K range once outfitted the way I wanted it)
or
A certified-used Pilot (2004 w/ 30,000 miles) (asking price = $18K)

One test drive of the Pilot convinced me that I really didn't want it, but I took multiple test drives in both the Scion xB and the Element. I strongly considered the xB... I mainly didn't like the small cargo area, poor perceived safety (no side airbags and super-light weight), and the lack of factory cruise control. On the plus side, it was far cheaper, with low fuel consumption, and a little more fun to drive (with it's light weight, firmer suspension, and keep-it-revvin engine). In the end, I decided that if I really want to drive something sportier, I can borrow my wife's Mazda5.

If this xB had been around, I may not be a member on this board right now. Still, I am glad I chose the Element, as I love the rear skylight, AWD, and the very versatile, durable cargo area.

jdiane
04-25-2007, 05:56 PM
hhmm, my crappy computer just shows a big black box. time to switch to the Mac with flash...

alextreme76
04-25-2007, 06:03 PM
still uglier and slower

Tiki
04-25-2007, 06:47 PM
If this xB had been around, I may not be a member on this board right now. Still, I am glad I chose the Element, as I love the rear skylight, AWD, and the very versatile, durable cargo area.

I have XB as a company car so I have a chance for long test drive with it. Some how, I just can't find a comfortable position when I drive (i'm 6' 05"). And yes, cargo area is too small for my husky. :D

Flobox
04-25-2007, 06:55 PM
I have XB as a company car so I have a chance for long test drive with it. Some how, I just can't find a comfortable position when I drive (i'm 6' 05"). And yes, cargo area is too small for my husky. :D

I'm 6'1... I got the distinct impression that I am at the near maximum height to fit comfortably, unless a taller person is the long torso, short legs type.

Like I said though, it was a very close choice for me, and I still have a strong affinity for the Scions. In fact, over the 3 days of negotiation with the Honda dealership, I kept the Scion xB as the backup plan. I bought at the end of the 2006MY, and got THE last 2006 with a manual tranny in the metro area. There were still multiple xB's with the MT left on the lots.