Car Audio Enthusiast Here... [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Car Audio Enthusiast Here...

E-Legal
08-04-2003, 11:16 PM
Greetings!!! I'm about 2 weeks into owning my new Element (Fricken ROCKS BABY!!!!) and am itchin to upgrade the audio system...I don't want to void the warranty by doing the work myself (Although that's the most fun part), should I take it into the dealership? Will they install my Alpine head unit etc? Any advice or suggestions are most welcome...

:shock: :shock: Thanks! :shock: :shock:

eMass
08-05-2003, 01:55 PM
Car audio upgrades when done properly by authorized equipment dealers will not void your warranty.

Some dealerships might install audio equipment for you but there's no advantage to this because car dealers are typically not considered authorized dealers of the aftermarket audio equipment you'll likely want, plus you'll pay a very high labor rate for this type of work at a car dealership mostly because it will take them much longer to do.

My advice to you would be to stick to car audio dealers for car audio and car dealerships for parts, accessories and repairs.

Legally speaking, in order to refuse warranty work, Honda must prove that any modification you made to the vehicle affected your car in such a way that it caused a subsequent malfunction. Unless there is gross negligence involved on you car audio dealer's part, this is very difficult to prove and highly unlikely.

And remember, if your car audio dealer causes a problem that ever does get you refused for warranty work, you can go after them for compensation - that's why you should always be sure they have insurance and/or are fully bonded.

E-Legal
08-06-2003, 03:57 AM
Thanks for the info, let the audio fun begin!!! I'll be posting pics when it's completed...

:P :shock: :P