HELP NEEDED -- MP3 Player Decision [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: HELP NEEDED -- MP3 Player Decision

HEMan
08-09-2003, 12:16 AM
I have researched MP3 players and have decided I want the Archos but I'm not sure which model. I am trying to decide between the Archos 20GB Jukebox Player/Recorder (Archos Model 500277) and the Archos 20GB Multimedia Entertainment Super Bundle which includes a player/recorder as well as Camera module and Memory module. It is Archos Model 500404. Does anyone have enough experience with these items to give me some advice. Anything would be helpful. My main purpose is the MP-3 music recorder/player but it seems that for just a little more money, it can serve as a video player, photo viewer as well as music machine. However, I don't want to take anything away from the MP-3 music in order to get the other features. HELP !!!!!! By the way, I don't want to spend to the level of the AV300.

Jasmine
08-09-2003, 01:27 AM
I have an iRiver mp3 player and i LOVE it! its small and can hold 8 hours of music (about 75 songs) It also comes with the cable to plug into the Element's Auxilary Jack above the glovebox. Delivers GREAT sound!

wodock
08-09-2003, 06:36 AM
I have the Archos 20 Juke box player/recorder and love it... unfortunately I don't know anything about the multimedia version. One thing you might look at is whether or not you can use non archos batteries - if that matters to you.

TW

pookSter
08-10-2003, 09:25 PM
I have the Archos recorder as well. I recommend doing a search on this site with Archos in the keyword section and also search by poster (me). I have talked about this extensively

Start here
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1435&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=archos&start=15

I do like the mutlimedia players. The only drawback I can see is the type of batteries used (propriatary) and also the fact that RockBox aftermarket firmware does not support these models so you will be stuck with the firmware that comes with it.
Changing to RockBox I think everyone will agree 100% that the features that come out for the recorder model on a daily basis is reason enough. Its like you get an upgraded MP3 player for free, and there are a ton more features than Archos offers.

There is one advantage I see to the multimedia player model is that if you decide to install an additional monitor screen in your E, the multimedia model will be great to play sitcoms/movies/music videos/photos eliminating the need to install a DVD player.
Myself, I would probably put one of these in before I invested into a DVD player. I would not however watch anything on its built in 3 inch screen...kinda useless for long term viewing.

Hope that helps ya a bit. Just ask if you need any questions as there are a lot of Archos users here.