Grille Guy lower grills installed in front [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Grille Guy lower grills installed in front

eKennedy
08-04-2007, 04:36 AM
I really like the price of the Grille Guy grills. But I like the look of the Cloud Rider grills, in particular how the lower grill installs in the front of the opening, rather than behind the stock pieces like the Grille Guy one does.

I think the forward position gives the front of the E a much better look, cleaner and smoother, IMHO.

Has anyone tried to install a Grille Guy grill in the forward position?

Thanks,
eKennedy

flatlander
08-04-2007, 10:44 AM
I bought just the lower grilleguy. When installing I held it up to the bumper to see how it would look.
Two things.
-It is cut to fit behind so it would have to be trimmed to fit in the front. I didn't have the tools to properly cut.
-It is attached with tye wraps which long term may not be that secure. From weathering 2 wraps have already broke on my E. Fortunately I added 4 tye wraps not included with the grill. Even though its a little loose it is staying in place. In front I would be worried that the wind would tear it free.

If mounted in front I think you would need to come up with a bezel or trim to fit around the perimeter of the grill to make a finished look. IMHO

eKennedy
08-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Cool, that's exactly the info I was looking for.

Maybe I'll cough up the cash for the Cloud Rider, but almost $200 for a grill still seems a bit steep.

I hope their free shipping code covers Hawaii...

eKennedy