In love with my E [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: In love with my E

DJPimpDaddy
10-31-2007, 12:06 PM
Hey folks, newbie here!

I just purchased my 2005 E AWD AT last sunday from a certified Honda Dealer. I had been looking at them online for a while now. Since I knew my 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited was eventually going to die(Or make me go broke from gas $$$), I would need some effecient cargo room for my side DJ business.

I swear that the first time I test drove it I came back and bought it. I only haggled a little bit too since the car salesman was nice and didn't pressure at all. I guess he knew that the car would sell it self!

I never knew that there was even an online community until my older brother brought it up. I have been lurking the threads for a few days now. I finally took a good picture(it was sunny here - yay!) so I created my profile today.

I, ironically, am going camping this coming weekend in Kentucky with my friend. After reading all these posts, I am going to rough it in my car now instead of dragging along a tent. I am going to take out just the seat behind the driver and try out the "bed feature". My E did not come with an instruction book, but I think I figured out how to take the seat out. Me and this car are going places baby. I will definitely post some photos from my first E camping experience. I was a long time Boy Scout so sleeping in the car still feels like cheating in my head!

Looking back at the sale, I was in love at first sight. It had everything I wanted in my next car, the color was awesome, and I about started to cry when the saleman pointed out the iPod jack on the dash. AT LAST, GOOD SOUNDING MUSIC FROM MY iPOD! No more stupid radio device. Here in Cincinanti there are absolutely no good radio channels free thanks to [Clear Channel] SmearChannel and their perpetual commercials. That was the final straw before I told the guy that we need to go inside and start speaking in numbers.

As I mentioned in my profile, I now have a blast cruising along in my E. I am not longer in a hurry. Got some good tunes on iPod or XM, and a comfortable ride. I think it cured my rush hour road rage. Now I just sit back and smile.... :D

http://djpimpdaddy.googlepages.com/DrewHonda.jpg

ramblerdan
10-31-2007, 12:12 PM
Welcome, DJPimpDaddy!

You can find an owner's manual here (http://http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp?Style=&Mfg=AHM&Make=AHM&Model=ELEM&Year=2005&Category=2&Keyword=&Module=&selected%5Fmedia=&mscsid=ED7ED0V7V21Q9JA8Q2ERT084KKFQ3QM2).

Ah, chili and spaghetti. Two of my favorite things.

ORANGEE
10-31-2007, 12:31 PM
WESTSIDE?
That is where the "real" Cincinnatians live !
Now if you went to ELDER.............

I was there for 15 years until I moved here 2 years ago.
I have found a way to get my Skyline fix

Welcome to the Club - there is a ton of good info on here

bh241
10-31-2007, 12:46 PM
Hi and welcome to the EOC.

Nice looking E, too bad it's not silver though...

DJPimpDaddy
10-31-2007, 02:35 PM
I hope this offends the right people. Elder SUX! I went to Oak Hills. Haven't won a game agaisnt them in 20 years now or so I have been told. But now that I have my E, the winds are changing... Next year could be their year.

Funny Skyline story: My buddy is a medic in the Army. He went to Iraq for a year and he wrote me and told him NOT to send him any more Skyline in the mail. Between all of us he had almost 4 cases of Skyline in a can, and no way to cook it other than sit it on the windowsill in 130 degree heat! He ended up trading them one at a time to people who had heard about skyline but never had it. He said he got some sweet trades too. He mentioned people building campfires on base to try to warm up the Skyline.. too funny!

KiKiKel
10-31-2007, 03:10 PM
Hi All-
Im so new to this all and I am thrilled with my Element purchase- I have to be perfectly honest- I told myself I would never own one of "those" cars because I thought they were SOO UGLY! I have been a honda owner for some time now (my first car being an 88 Accord) and I just recently traded in a 2005 civic ex special edition. I LOVED my civic but I just got a new job with a considerable commute and with the winter upon me (in the CT hills) I needed to get an all-wheel or 4WD vehicle BUT I wanted to stay with HONDA! Well I went into the dealership and my salesman (great guy) said "JUST DRIVE IT YOU WILL FALL IN LOVE" He convinced me and I am IN LOVE! I cannot say anything bad about this vehicle other than I shouldnt have been so vain from the beginning because I probably would have bought one sooner!

Im so happy to be part of this community and to be a VERY HAPPY "Ellie" Owner! :D

BLK BOX
10-31-2007, 03:47 PM
Hey folks, newbie here!

I just purchased my 2005 E AWD AT last sunday from a certified Honda Dealer. I had been looking at them online for a while now. Since I knew my 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited was eventually going to die(Or make me go broke from gas $$$), I would need some effecient cargo room for my side DJ business.

I swear that the first time I test drove it I came back and bought it. I only haggled a little bit too since the car salesman was nice and didn't pressure at all. I guess he knew that the car would sell it self!

I never knew that there was even an online community until my older brother brought it up. I have been lurking the threads for a few days now. I finally took a good picture(it was sunny here - yay!) so I created my profile today.

I, ironically, am going camping this coming weekend in Kentucky with my friend. After reading all these posts, I am going to rough it in my car now instead of dragging along a tent. I am going to take out just the seat behind the driver and try out the "bed feature". My E did not come with an instruction book, but I think I figured out how to take the seat out. Me and this car are going places baby. I will definitely post some photos from my first E camping experience. I was a long time Boy Scout so sleeping in the car still feels like cheating in my head!

Looking back at the sale, I was in love at first sight. It had everything I wanted in my next car, the color was awesome, and I about started to cry when the saleman pointed out the iPod jack on the dash. AT LAST, GOOD SOUNDING MUSIC FROM MY iPOD! No more stupid radio device. Here in Cincinanti there are absolutely no good radio channels free thanks to [Clear Channel] SmearChannel and their perpetual commercials. That was the final straw before I told the guy that we need to go inside and start speaking in numbers.

As I mentioned in my profile, I now have a blast cruising along in my E. I am not longer in a hurry. Got some good tunes on iPod or XM, and a comfortable ride. I think it cured my rush hour road rage. Now I just sit back and smile.... :D

http://djpimpdaddy.googlepages.com/DrewHonda.jpg

Welcome to the club man, I see you got an NBP, mine is identical to yours! Here's a pic of mine:)
Your first mod should be the grill guard for your AC condenser, I haven't done mine yet but that seems to be the best "first" mod....oh yeah...and an ipod holder:D

Darth Raider
10-31-2007, 04:36 PM
Hey folks, newbie here!

I just purchased my 2005 E AWD AT last sunday from a certified Honda Dealer. I had been looking at them online for a while now.

"WELCOME!!!" That's a pretty cool moniker, although it doesn't quite match the avatar! 8) For a newbee, you came out of the box PERFECT! Profile, pics and and a good back story, I will definitely look forward to your future post. I'm sure that you and that beautiful '05 NBP, will be a great addition to the club. :)

Chief

funkytown
10-31-2007, 05:20 PM
:):):) Very nice!!!!!! ENJOY!!!!!

Speedy Toaster Dave
10-31-2007, 06:24 PM
KEI,PimpDaddy, welcome to da mad house..and Daddy time to ummm PIMP da Element...:D

Sunshine
10-31-2007, 07:02 PM
Howdy Newbies! Sounds like ya'll fit right in here!

That was the most god awful line of Oklahoman I've said/typed in years.

:D

EXwSCnose
10-31-2007, 07:33 PM
Welcome to the club!

You gaught 'the bug' faster than anyone I have seen here!! I had to slobber for 4 years before I got to pull the trigger... :-)

Darth Raider
10-31-2007, 10:32 PM
Howdy Newbies! Sounds like ya'll fit right in here!

That was the most god awful line of Oklahoman I've said/typed in years.

:D

Cherry...That was pretty awful! :lol:

Chief

gisele
11-01-2007, 08:25 AM
Hi DJPD and Kikikel,

Welcome, Happy E-ing!
DJPD niiiiiiice ride.

Sunshine
11-01-2007, 08:54 AM
Cherry...That was pretty awful! :lol:

Chief

Wasn't it though? But after I typed it I had to leave it... even though I live in a major suburb those Okie-isms still slip in every now and then. All Okies are born with it. :D

DJPimpDaddy
11-01-2007, 12:08 PM
"WELCOME!!!" That's a pretty cool moniker, although it doesn't quite match the avatar! 8) For a newbee, you came out of the box PERFECT! Profile, pics and and a good back story, I will definitely look forward to your future post. I'm sure that you and that beautiful '05 NBP, will be a great addition to the club. :)

Chief
You guys are great.

I did my homework and read a bunch of Introduction threads and a common theme was that someone joins, no photos, no profile. As a tech guy by day, I aim to please.

The avatar is from my fav video game. Ironically on another forum I frequent (nesforums.com (http://www.nesforums.com)) I have gained some cred points by talking about how I want to add an lcd, and a Nintendo to the vehicle. Still tossing around ideas on how though. I want to make it look good, but functional when camping and such. (For those rainy nights only of course!)

On an additional note of insanity, last night I couldn't get the E in the garage since we were remodeling part of our house, and it was full with material and such. So when Halloween struck at it's peak, I ended up passing candy near the sidewalk to keep kids away from my shiny black E. Sad but true!

Made it through the evening with no E incedents. Whew...

Darth Raider
11-01-2007, 02:42 PM
I just can't believe that Nintendo hasn't offered an "ELEMENT" game yet, that you can use on your avatar! What kind of company are they?!! :lol:

Chief

DJPimpDaddy
11-01-2007, 03:12 PM
I just can't believe that Nintendo hasn't offered an "ELEMENT" game yet, that you can use on your avatar! What kind of company are they?!! :lol:

Chief

Ironic that you bring that up! Atari just released a game based upon my E.

Sorry, I was bored at work. Have fun with this site: Atari Label Maker (http://www.labelmaker2600.com/)

http://djpimpdaddy.googlepages.com/atarielement1.jpg

http://djpimpdaddy.googlepages.com/atarielement2.jpg