Anyone with a Scamp or Casita? [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Anyone with a Scamp or Casita?

MacGyver
11-06-2007, 10:38 AM
My girlfriend has a 4-cylinder Isuzu Rodeo and I recently purchased a 2003 Element. We were camping in Oregon recently and came upon a small trailer meet where we absolutely fell in love with the Scamp and Casita trailers!

So I was just wondering if anybody here has one and, if so, how do you like it?

The smaller 12' trailer would be more practical since it fits in the garage but we would like something with a bath/shower. Do the smaller ones have showers available or are there other options, such as an exterior canvas shower, etc?

dog drool
11-06-2007, 10:47 AM
I tow a Burro which is similar to the scamp I love it The small 13 ft ones do not have baths but many people use a portable shower and a portipotty for boondocking.
this web site www.fiberglassrv.com
has more info on these trailers then you could ever want to know.
Good luck

eric hughes
11-06-2007, 01:22 PM
No bath in mine either. Element does good but I have not done a very long trip yet. But not afraid to do so.
Eric 08 EX Auto 5 speed AWD

tkobrian
11-06-2007, 05:29 PM
I saw a Casita in the big bend area a few weeks ago. Are they made by the same company as the Scamp? They look VERY similar from the outside.

elementbryon
11-06-2007, 05:38 PM
The 13 foot Scamp is made here in Minnesota and is available with a toilet/shower in the front bathroom. You can do your buisiness, shave, and shower all at the same time! It is about $750 extra and deletes the front bed. Too bad the 16 foot model is over the 200lb tongue wheight limit for the Element, it has a lot more packed into those three extra feet. You can check out the options available at this link.http://www.scamptrailers.com/
By the way. If you find a used one, jump on it. They are few and far between. Seems like people keep them forever. Our neighbor has a 77' Burro and a 73' Scamp and will not part with either.:sad: