Help, Cluster With Led Problems!!! [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Help, Cluster With Led Problems!!!

nathan5871
11-18-2007, 11:50 PM
I changed my insturment cluster lights to #74 tri-star LEDs and the following happened. (I'm looking to exhaust every avenue before I have to breakdown and buy a new cluster unit).

1 My gas guage has stopped working (along with the temp)
2 The lower middle odometer will not light up or display

However I managed to get all the black (not the grey odometer) lights to work but once I started the car up all the dash lights (HVAC/gauge cluster/mirror switch) started to rapidly blink. As for checking to make sure that the polarity is correct, I'm not sure how to check that but I'm assuming that the polarity is correct and the problem my exsist within the cluster or elsewhere. Can anyone shed some light on a definitive way to get the polarity right? I should also note that I tried reinstalling the original lights but for some reason none of the original lights would light up only the blinking leds.

I have to say, everyone that has posted on here seems to have had an easy time installing these LED's. I hope to God I don't have to buy a new cluster. (Will a new cluster automaticlly show the correct milage?)

Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?

Below is the exact description from http://autolumination.com/74.htm which is where I purchased the leds. I just thought I'd through that out there incase it was of any use.

#74 bulbs replace the following bulbs:17 18 37 70 73 79 85 86 2721

Introducing the Tri-Power 3 LED Bulb

The Widest, 3x Brightest and Best #74 Leds Ever Made!

Designed especially for gauges, and applications requiring a large uniform field of bright light

Bulbs are 3/4" (20mm) x 3/8 (10mm)" diameter at widest point with T5mm base to fit standard #74 or #37 sockets.

Blue Super White Red Amber Green UV
$3.99 each

Choose Color Blue Super White RedAmberGreenUV
Lens Forward

I live in South Lake Tahoe, CA. and if there is anyone that can help me here.................oh man I'd so thankful, my woman is gonna cut my balls off if I end up needing to buy a new cluster.