New SC Wheel Question [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: New SC Wheel Question

steve w
12-22-2007, 09:35 AM
I sold my Element, miss it and have plunked a deposit on a new '07 auto silver SC. I like the EX wheels more than the SC wheels. I know the wheels/tires are different sizes than SC's. If I wanted to switch them out, will EX wheels/tires work on an SC? Has anyone else here had experience with this? Thanks in advance, Steve

lizzurd
12-22-2007, 09:43 AM
I sold my Element, miss it and have plunked a deposit on a new '07 auto silver SC. I like the EX wheels more than the SC wheels. I know the wheels/tires are different sizes than SC's. If I wanted to switch them out, will EX wheels/tires work on an SC? Has anyone else here had experience with this? Thanks in advance, Steve

The EX rims will work no problem on an SC. I recall one member who switched to 15 inch rims on his SC.

steve w
12-22-2007, 09:53 AM
Lizzurd; That was quick so thanks much. Maybe I can do a trade with someone from the EOC who is looking to up-size.
Also, love the wagging-tail dog. My 3 border collies will appreciate returning to an E :D.
Regards,
Steve

lizzurd
12-22-2007, 09:56 AM
Lizzurd; That was quick so thanks much. Maybe I can do a trade with someone from the EOC who is looking to up-size.
Also, love the wagging-tail dog. My 3 border collies will appreciate returning to an E :D.
Regards,
Steve

NO problem.....its slow at work today and i scan the boards now and then to keep mt self busy.

Strngr
12-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Don't forget the TPMS....... I'm not sure of the what, where etc but keep it mind.

steve w
12-22-2007, 04:22 PM
Is the TPMS different? Is it a problem to simply not have it? I really don't care if I have that option.
Another question....Is the interior color for the siver alabaster the same as the RBM? I did this all by phone and have not seen the AS interior but am familiar w/the RBM interior.
Thanks again, Steve

lizzurd
12-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Is the TPMS different? Is it a problem to simply not have it? I really don't care if I have that option.
Another question....Is the interior color for the siver alabaster the same as the RBM? I did this all by phone and have not seen the AS interior but am familiar w/the RBM interior.
Thanks again, Steve

The interiors are different....RBM had black with copper accents as you already know and ASM has titanium trim.

I searched for some pics of the interior...but i couldn't find any that gave a good clear shot of the interior for a silver SC.

Burn619
12-22-2007, 05:44 PM
Where are you located Steve? I have been wanting to trade my stock wheels for SC wheels for a while now...:D

HockeyGuy21
12-22-2007, 06:04 PM
shoot, burns beat me to it...

steve w
12-22-2007, 07:39 PM
I'm in St. Charles, MO, just outside of St. Louis. The EX rims that I like are on the '07 Elements, don't know what years those same rims would be on. I'd prefer that style with newer tires.
Pickup is scheduled for January 2nd in order to avoid '07 taxes. Deposit is holding the E until then and all looks good. Spoke w/the salesman and general manager, both said the SC has been driven to the back of the dealership and a sold sign is on it.
Anyone interested?

Burn619
12-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Too far away for me...

good luck with the trade

HockeyGuy21
12-23-2007, 01:51 PM
too far
thanks, and good luck