As far as the Class 3 hitch... [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: As far as the Class 3 hitch...

heyguyd
12-26-2007, 02:11 AM
The service folks at honda gave me a tip. Any hitch higher than a class 1 will void the warrentee as well, so, they told me, if Something goes wrong because I tow too heavy a load, which I do not plan on doing, make sure to remove the hitch before I take it in to get the work done and they will not question what hitch since it is not on the truck, so they will cover any damage. I guess what they don't know, they don't care which is a good bit of info.

EXwSCnose
12-26-2007, 02:14 AM
The service folks at honda gave me a tip. Any hitch higher than a class 1 will void the warrentee as well, so, they told me, if Something goes wrong because I tow too heavy a load, which I do not plan on doing, make sure to remove the hitch before I take it in to get the work done and they will not question what hitch since it is not on the truck, so they will cover any damage. I guess what they don't know, they don't care which is a good bit of info.

...or buy the Honda OEM stock hitch, a class II, I believe, how is one gonna argue with that???

heyguyd
12-26-2007, 02:27 AM
Honda only makes an OEM class 1 and will NOT install anything higher than that in the Element.

EXwSCnose
12-26-2007, 02:39 AM
Honda only makes an OEM class 1 and will NOT install anything higher than that in the Element.

OK, I stand corrected -- AGAIN!!! :-I

:-)

heyguyd
12-26-2007, 02:42 AM
they did have a class 2 for the 03 -05 if I am not mistaken, but, when I inquired about putting it on my 06, they were very clear on the fact they will not even consider doing it. And, U-Haul is cheaper to instal anyway, so, hell, Let U-Haul put it on for $20 as long as they don't touch that wiring.

EXwSCnose
12-26-2007, 02:54 AM
If you have a 2006 EXP..blue book it. It hasn't depreciated. It is worth more now than what I paid for it brand new.

Aren't you glad you got a HONDA and not a Chevy HHR??
...you couldn't give that POS away today if you wanted to....

P.S. The same goes for my '05 4WD CR-V EX... It's good to own a HONDA!!!

heyguyd
12-26-2007, 03:05 AM
My first was actually the 86 Acura Integra which we all know was just the accord with Acura symbol on it. But, I totalled it and it had over 200,000 miles on it and was still going strong. Then, I bought a 98 Civic EX brand new. It was great, but, Honda won't tell the 98 owners that once they hit 100,000 miles, the trans will go out. So, when I traded it in, they didn't deduct for that since it was a Honda Engineering flaw. But, glad it went out when it did cause I got the Element and The moment I signed the papers and sealed the deal, 5 seperate people walked in the door wanting it right then. It was the first 06 Black EXP in LA. I lucked out on my timing that day.