Speaker Size? [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Speaker Size?

ElementX
01-27-2003, 10:13 PM
Hey....does anyone know the exact size of all the speakers that come in the 4WD EX Element?

element-j
01-28-2003, 06:29 AM
You can find dimensions & photos of existing speakers here:

http://www.ecnet.net/users/gallery/element-j/

ElementX
01-28-2003, 10:17 PM
It looks like the front speakers are 6 1/2, but does anyone have any idea what size the rear speakers are?

Red Armageddon
02-09-2003, 04:25 PM
Per the same website, the rear speakers are the same as the front speakers.

CeeYa
02-16-2003, 01:05 PM
i put the polk audio speakers and they both are the same size.
http://www.flyinghellfish.net/ceeya/elementary1.jpg

Nat
03-03-2003, 05:54 PM
Front door and suicide door speakers are 5 1/4". I had speakers installed this past weekend. I bought a pair of pioneer 2 way speakers with a Kenwood MP3 deck. I'm also thinking of maybe adding a sub (since my kenwood has a sub out jack). The bass is weak. I just don't want to lose valuable space. Anyone install a sub in their E?

dsmasters
03-03-2003, 07:58 PM
I just wanted to confirm that front and rear speakers are 6 1/2" not 5 1/4". I have installed both sets of speakers so I am sure.

Dano
Nighthawk Black 4WD DX

kavetter
03-04-2003, 10:53 PM
I just got my setup from Crutchfield. I copied element-j some. When you crimp the adapters for the speakers connections... do you just use pliers or should I get a crimping tool?

isketerol
03-05-2003, 05:47 AM
A crimping tool will always make a better connection. I know Radio Shack has one that's reasonable in cost.

Iskie

Nat
03-09-2003, 08:01 PM
whatever dude. I bought the speakers at BestBuy. The guy measured the speaker holes in front of me and told me what size to buy. He then installed the Pioneer coax 5 1/4 speakers with a Kenwood MP3 head end. Sub and tweeters are next. I want to use the Polk tweeters and probably the Rockford Forsgate 6.5" woofer. Anyone know of any other woofers that would fit the E?

MadMax
03-10-2003, 11:34 AM
Can someone tell me the price of that Fosgate 6.5 sub?

Nate
03-11-2003, 01:40 AM
The cost of the Rockford 6.5" on www.etronics.com is $70.00

Nate

Nick248
03-11-2003, 10:24 AM
I wen to the local audio shop and they convinced me that the 6.5 sub would not improve the bass soo much. TO get some decent lows, he recommened that I go with an 8" sub. With some fabrication and cutting, it will fit.

just my .02 cents!

-Nick

Nat
03-22-2003, 11:32 AM
If you go to Crutchfield.com, they indicate that both 5 1/4 and 6 1/2 speakers fit in the Element. Some dude was bustin balls and insinuating how 5 1/4 size was wrong because he had personally installed 6 1/2 speakers. Looks like he was WRONG that only 6 1/2 speakers are correct.
I have 5 1/4 speakers installed. I'm actually returning my pioneer 2 way speakers (they suck) and am replacing them with the Infinity 50.5 CS components for the front and the 552I's in the back with an 8" Kicker solo-baric subwoofer in the console. I will post pics after the change is made this coming wednesday. I had to somewhat modify the console hole and build a speaker stand for the sub.

spacemen3
03-22-2003, 05:13 PM
nat....sounds great...please post pics of the instal

TomB
04-24-2003, 08:29 AM
Thanks for posting the great pics of your Infinity 652i installation. A lot of "pro" website designers should check your site out for style pointers. I just ordered my 2 pairs of the same speakers from Crutchfield, and I'm going to do the exact same upgrade (may do tweeters at a future date).

To clarify for anyone wondering: the Crutchfield website (and sales guys on the phone) says that 6.5" speakers DO NOT FIT in the Element. However, it seems from element-j's pics that the factory speakers are in fact 6.5".

My guess here is that the Crutchfield guys looked at the E and decided that many 6.5" models would be a hassle to install (mounting height/depth), and so went with the 5.25" recommendation to make the process dummy-proof.

For anyone else looking to upgrade the weak factory speakers, Crutchfield has these same Infinity 652i's on sale right now for $70/pair. You can also get an extra $20 off an order over $100 if you order on the website with a Mastercard using this link:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-MJT3RAU2lHw/index.html

The quirk here is how to get the free Honda speaker harness adapter. It doesn't come up automatically if you select <vehicle = 2003 Element>, since the speakers are "not compatible". What I did was to talk to one of the sales reps (Victor) on the phone and explain the situation. When I entered the online order, there was a place to add the name of the sales rep plus some comments. I put in his name plus a note asking him to add the harness adapters. A few minutes later I got a call back from him saying the speakers and harnesses were on the way.

So, I ended up getting 2 pairs of speakers for $131 complete. I am really looking forward to hooking these up! I'll post a followup/review soon.

-Tom

JRock
04-29-2003, 01:51 PM
I bought my Infinities from Circuit City on sale for $59/pair. They fit in there like a champ! Next I'll be replacing those tweets!

JRock