A few dream mods... [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: A few dream mods...

Discslinger
09-30-2003, 06:35 AM
Luvin' my E, just wanted to post my dream list of projects (if they've been addressed already, kindly direct me!)

* Get rid of the annoying chime - it's a small thing but it's just plain obnoxious. I could certainly do with out it but it would be neat to have something more pleasant in it's place.

* Rotate those front seats! Doors open, 4 seats facing each other... Euchre!

* Solar.. investigating a solar panel to hook up on roof rack (between roof and rack) to provide extra power while camping. Will most likely require an extra battery. It'd be great not to have to worry about the juice in the current 'compact' battery.

* It would be nice if there was a way to alter the electrical system from the conventional to one that suited a vehicle that was meant to be enjoyed while it was parked as well. Ingress/egress chimes, lights, keys... I'm investigating a 'party switch' flip it on - delivers power only to stereo, outlets, inverter and allows the ability to turn on the interior lights

I'll keep daydreaming... what mods are cooking out there?

Discslinger

Silk
09-30-2003, 09:56 AM
* Get rid of the annoying chime - it's a small thing but it's just plain obnoxious. I could certainly do with out it but it would be neat to have something more pleasant in it's place.

Someone already posted an easy fix for that annoying chime. You can replace the factory metal screw in the door switch with a nylon screw.

* Rotate those front seats! Doors open, 4 seats facing each other... Euchre!

I can't help you there but let me know if you find something.

* Solar.. investigating a solar panel to hook up on roof rack (between roof and rack) to provide extra power while camping. Will most likely require an extra battery. It'd be great not to have to worry about the juice in the current 'compact' battery.

I am not sure if you mean a mounted solution on the roof rack or just something portable for camping. If you are looking for portable stuff you'll quite a bit out there. Never used this stuff so I don't know how well it works but here is an example of a rollable, waterproof, solar charging system. By the way did I mention they are still kinda expensive.

http://www.powerportstore.com/Accessories%20prod.htm
http://www.powerportstore.com/Solar%20Recharging%20-%20AR.htm

* It would be nice if there was a way to alter the electrical system from the conventional to one that suited a vehicle that was meant to be enjoyed while it was parked as well. Ingress/egress chimes, lights, keys... I'm investigating a 'party switch' flip it on - delivers power only to stereo, outlets, inverter and allows the ability to turn on the interior lights

Once you disable the chime wouldn't you be able to power all the stuff you mentioned buy having the key in the "ON" (or is it "ACC" whichever one is first) position?
[/url]