Advice on new tires [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Advice on new tires

dplata1
04-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Hi all,

I have a 2006 Element with stock tires on it. After 30k miles, I think it's time to get some new ones. I have read through alot of the threads but am finding it hard to figure out what the best option is. Never go off road, really cant afford anything super fancy on a college student budget, but would really like something reliable. Any kind of advice would be greatly appreciated. You guys have a great club going here.

Regards,

Diego

chozn4service
04-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Hi all,

I have a 2006 Element with stock tires on it. After 30k miles, I think it's time to get some new ones. I have read through alot of the threads but am finding it hard to figure out what the best option is. Never go off road, really cant afford anything super fancy on a college student budget, but would really like something reliable. Any kind of advice would be greatly appreciated. You guys have a great club going here.

Regards,

Diego

My OEM's didn't last 20K. I got them replaced for free. Won't get into all that but I went with the Bridgestone Dueler H/L's and love them! They're rated up to 60K and have great wet road traction and are great in the snow as well. They have a nice look about them too. I wanted a tire that didn't give me an off road look and I wanted a quiet tire as well. This tire met all my requirements. They're so good I took them off of my '03 and I'm still running them on my '06. Bear in mind with my previous E I only put about 10k on them and now with the current E they have another 4K. Still, I've yet to have any issues and they are great tires. I'm getting ready to upgrade to 18" with the new wheels I bought yesterday and I'm considering Bridgestones again. We'll have to see but they are great tires!

Btaylor629
04-24-2008, 01:45 PM
i just replaced the tires on my 05 about 4 months ago and i am very very happy with what i got...i dont go off road either, but i did want something that looked a little bigger...i have already been on a road trip up to tahoe with them (about 800 miles round trip) they were great on the road and in the snow...they are all terrains

they are called yokohama geolanders...only about 15$ more than the regular replacement tires and they look great...once my car gets out of the shop necxt week (i got rear ended) i can post some pics of them so u can see them....i did a lot of research when getting the new tires and we have some good tire pros that said those tires were perfect for the element, no extra road noise and they dont affect the mileage

chozn4service
04-24-2008, 01:54 PM
Also I went with a P225 X 70R X 16