Update on strange blowout-- 4 new Michelin XLT M/S from Costco [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Update on strange blowout-- 4 new Michelin XLT M/S from Costco

SFRX8
05-25-2008, 04:54 PM
Seems that, judging from the comments here, the Michelins will suit me just fine. We drive every weekend between San Francisco and the Sierra Foothills and in the winter drive the Element to go skiing.

A lot of you guys also like other all-season tires but, since I was driving on the donut spare, I didn't want to wait around and check prices or wait for shipping.

So, off to Costco and within an hour-- 4 new Michelins (made in 2008) filled with nitrogen (for what that's worth). Expensive! I used to buy four tires for less than I paid for one!

But, my wife and I agreed that the tire noise was much less and the car seemed to drive better (although it seemed "higher" to both of us).

I never had hydroplaning with the original Goodyears, as other guys on the forum did. But, it happened to be raining on our way up and the Michelins felt great.

Don't know if it was my imagination, but it felt like driving a new car. I literally had a constant smile for the first 80 or so miles driving up to the foothills. Oh, it's all highway driving, Interstate for most of the way.

Rocket Dog
05-25-2008, 05:04 PM
I've had my Michelin's now for about 4 months or so. I'm very happy with them in dry weather and heavy rain. Much less road noise than the stock Goodyear.