How to change the License plate bulbs? [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: How to change the License plate bulbs?

Hustler M
06-13-2008, 10:52 PM
I searched the forum and Google and found nothing. Any links on how to switch out the license plate light bulbs on the Element? I just got some LED's, but I am afraid of breaking something. :D

Eww-an E
06-13-2008, 11:48 PM
It really couldn't be more simple,just look up at the small lense cover and you will see a small slot on the side,insert a small flat head/regular screwdriver inside the slot,and pop it off.As you pop the lense off,the opposite end has a slight hook on it,so you just need to slightly turn it to the side to remove the lense cover completely.Afterwards,just reach up in there and pull out the bulb.:)Also if your l.e.d bulbs don't work at first,turn them around as they maybe be polarized bulbs.:cool:

Hustler M
06-14-2008, 12:01 AM
^^^^ Thxs for the info,I knew it would be easy. I just wanted a bit of info, before I started prying on things with screwdrivers :)

Eww-an E
06-14-2008, 01:13 AM
Your Welcome.:)

Kaoss
08-09-2009, 03:50 AM
What size/type of bulb is the OEM bulb, mine all of a sudden burnt out. Thanks!

If I want to install LEDs, what would I need, and what size/type? Do they simply plug in like any other light?

aquilles10
08-09-2009, 11:32 AM
What size/type of bulb is the OEM bulb, mine all of a sudden burnt out. Thanks!

If I want to install LEDs, what would I need, and what size/type? Do they simply plug in like any other light?

You just need to order the WLED-xHP High Power LED bulb from Superbrightleds.com. Here is the link (http://superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=CAR#WLED-xHP). You need two of the pure white ones and they plug in just like the regular incandescent bulb. They look great at night.

Kaoss
08-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Great, thanks, but what about incandescent? What type would I need?

Eww-an E
08-09-2009, 04:05 PM
You just need to order the WLED-xHP High Power LED bulb from Superbrightleds.com. They look great at night.

I agree,those are the same l.e.d. bulbs I have in my E' and they do look great.:cool:

Kaoss
08-09-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm not too keen on ordering anything as of now.

Would I be able to find just a new set of incandescent at my local hardware/car supply store?

Does anyone know the type/style of bulb that the Element uses?

Eww-an E
08-10-2009, 01:26 AM
I'm not too keen on ordering anything as of now.

Would I be able to find just a new set of incandescent at my local hardware/car supply store?

Does anyone know the type/style of bulb that the Element uses?

Sure,you can find stock replacement bulbs at any place that sells automotive parts. As for the type/style bulb the E' uses,it's the 194/168 Actually only a few posts above you,aquilles10 had posted a link and a picture that had the bulb numbers listed on the right side.:)

Kaoss
08-10-2009, 03:46 AM
oops, missed that link:D

Thanks, I'll be on the lookout for blue coloured incandescents or LEDs if I'm lucky and find some in store!

Eww-an E
08-10-2009, 04:20 AM
Your welcome.:)

Kaoss
08-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Alright, so I got a pair of Eurolite blue-white 194 LED replacement bulbs...

I'll be installing them later today, and I'll post a few pics if I can

Kaoss
08-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Got them installed, and ended up with this intense deep blue colour, not the Lexus-like white I expected

http://www.jaanuskase.com/en/blueled.JPG

It made the license plate even harder to read:rolleyes:

Returning them

yemen85
11-13-2009, 08:52 PM
I tryed the LED as posted in aquilles10 post, unfortunately since the 09 only has one bulb the beam is not wide enough to capture the whole plate.

Has anyone put a LED with a wide beam on a 09? If so any pics, and a part number would be appreciated.

Thanks

derrick17
07-22-2010, 05:12 PM
I tryed the LED as posted in aquilles10 post, unfortunately since the 09 only has one bulb the beam is not wide enough to capture the whole plate.

Has anyone put a LED with a wide beam on a 09? If so any pics, and a part number would be appreciated.

Thanks

Does anyone have a LED lughts for 09,coz im desperately want to have a LED bulb for my lisence plate light

derrick17
07-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Does anyone have a LED lisence plate light for 09 sc tnx