Wiring Harness [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Wiring Harness

Nate
03-06-2003, 02:56 AM
Anyone find a wiring harness for their E, while installing an aftermarket deck. Found a dash kit, but looks just as easy to make one out of stainless, make it look better. Please let me know where you got your wiring harness, as I dont want to cut the fctory wiring.

Nate

mike1007
03-06-2003, 09:03 AM
You can avoiding cutting wire (if no compatible harness found) by purchasing Wire Tap-ins. You might still need to cut main power, I have not faund the Wire Tap-ins size for these.

dsmasters
03-06-2003, 02:16 PM
I got a wiring harness from Circuit City 3 weeks ago. It is a standard honda wireharness so everyone should have them. I am amazed that you found a dash kit. I went to 3-4 different places to get one with no luck. I ended up making my own brackets and altering a standard honda face plate just to get it working.

Where did you get the dash kit?

Dano
Nighthawk Black Pearl 4WD DX

Nate
03-06-2003, 07:43 PM
I found the dask kit on line. I'll post a short cut later. I have the Y element which I think is the EX in the states. The wiring harness should have the amp pre outs on it like a prelude wiring harness.

Nathan

kavetter
03-07-2003, 09:54 PM
When I got my stuff from Crutchfield (www.crutchfield.com), they included adapters for the stereo harness and adapters for the speakers. It worked wonderfully.

mike1007
03-08-2003, 03:46 PM
Hi kavetter what car did you select on crutchfield to get the harness.

Nate
03-08-2003, 05:51 PM
Here is the link for the dash kit I found. I emailed them about the wiring harness a week ago. Still have not heard from them

http://www.installer.com/kits/

Nate