Rear Windows? [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Rear Windows?

madskier
11-30-2003, 10:16 PM
I love my E., but my dog hates it. I wish the rear windows could roll down so my boarder collie could stick his head out the window.

Anyone know why Honda didn't go with windows that could roll down in back?
I know theres got to be a reason.

thanks

pray for snow

hownowcb
11-30-2003, 11:15 PM
Flip-outs were certainly cheaper, and resulted in the "benefit" of the storage compartments in the rear doors. I can only imagine it may have had to do with keeping the initial cost as low as possible. Considering the rear door hinges from the rear, it would have required a rather lengthy and perhaps complex wiring run for power windows. And since the fronts are powered, there would have been complaints if the rears weren't powered as well. But most minivans are handicapped the same way, so it doesn't strike me as particularly bothersome. Still, I do empathize with your dog's complaint. When last I had a dog, the poor girl was usually confined to a rear seat with fixed windows!

brendan
12-01-2003, 12:45 AM
[quote:ba81691415=" "]Still, I do empathize with your dog's complaint. When last I had a dog, the poor girl was usually confined to a rear seat with fixed windows![/quote:ba81691415]

On the other hand, safer for the braver-than-smart dogs out there...

-brendan

hownowcb
12-01-2003, 07:26 AM
I would have said that too, but it sounded better coming from you. Same goes for your "let's take the bicycles for the short trips" in the gas mileage thread. Thanks man.

brendan
12-01-2003, 09:14 AM
[quote:e3e2f7efba=" "]I would have said that too, but it sounded better coming from you. Same goes for your "let's take the bicycles for the short trips" in the gas mileage thread. Thanks man.[/quote:e3e2f7efba]

Yeah...I've seen way too many unfortunate sights on the sides of the road. :(

-brendan

dawghaus
12-06-2003, 01:42 AM
it's not smacking their heads into solid objects at whatever MPH that usually causes damage to dogs hanging out car windows. it's actually tiny debris striking the dog's eye that most often causes vet visits. they make goggles for dogshttp://www.doggles.com/ (:shock:) , but i don't think most dogs would wear them. the websites worth a peek just for kicks & giggles. that is, if cruel animal torture is funny to you. it did make me laugh.