Sub Warranty? [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Sub Warranty?

MadMax
03-08-2003, 04:00 PM
I think i just blew the sub! Anyways i was just driving around and next thing i know the thing is sounding blown. i was not even driving it with the volume up that high. Anyways anyone know what the warranty on the sub is? I mean is it included with the regular waranty? Is there a website i can order a replacement? Sorry for all the questions. I also heard there is a fosgate one that can fit that size.....website?

Nate
03-08-2003, 05:11 PM
I think the audio has a 1 year warranty. Rockford fosgate, kicker, and JL audio make 6.5" subs. Problem being is that the factory sub is a dual voice coil, and the others only make single voice coil subs. I hear that the amp to the sub pushes 150 watts to the factory sub. If you replace it with something else you'll get around 75 watts to it. So it would be best to run a more powerful amp. I am going to order a rockford or kicker 6.5" sub this week, and run it off of a rockford 250.2 amp to get 320 watts to the sub. www.rockfordfosgate.com and www.kicker.com are there sites. In the kicker site it's under mids and tweets.

Nate

MadMax
03-08-2003, 07:46 PM
what is the difference between dual voice and single voice subs? How much does the rockford F. 6.5 cost about?

Nate
03-09-2003, 06:19 AM
A DVC sub has 2 4ohm voice coils. A voice coil is just a resistor. Putting these two voice coils together gives either 8ohms or 2ohms. Carefull now because most amps are not 2ohm stable when bridged. At 8ohms the rated power of your amp will be cut in approx. half. A SVC sub is just one at 4ohms or 8oms. You can run 2 8ohm subs together, it'll make it 4ohms like a DVC. Or 2 DVC will give you 4ohms as well, when wired correctly. The rockford sub is around 90-100 bucks i believe.

Nate