How to clean off dog drool? [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: How to clean off dog drool?

Ella Ment
04-29-2009, 06:24 PM
I bought my 2008 Element with dog transport in mind - particularly ease of cleaning after pet haulage. However, I am really dissapointed after taking Fido on a 1800-mile road trip, I am shocked that I am unable to clean the dog drool drips and runs off the interior walls and doors. (I only had 300 miles on it when we left.)

I have tried windex and pledge. At first it looks like it wiped right off, but the spots and runs re-appeared after it dried. I thought maybe the drool was imbedded into the crevices of the slightly textured surfaces so I then tried scrubbing them with a toothbrush. Now some of the spots and runs appear to be gone but re-appear when wet! Either way, they are still there. Does anyone know how to get rid of dog saliva drips and runs in the interior?

bh241
04-29-2009, 06:47 PM
As odd as it sounds just a bucket of warm water and dawn dish-washing liquid soap works wonders - well for saint bernard drool anyway... :rolleyes:

If things get 'really bad' I have used 'greased lightning' first. But that's really rare.

trust me when I say, I've tried a lot of things to get the stuff off... this works.

hiker chick
04-29-2009, 07:10 PM
A wash cloth or hand towel works for me. Gidget gets drool on the dash and suicide door window sills.

You might try a vinyl interior cleaner-protectant, such as 303.

:)

patm
04-29-2009, 07:31 PM
I would go with the good ole soap and water, rinse well, then apply something like Armor All or Son of a Gun protectant. I know some people don't like that it makes the interior kind of shiney, but for dog protection, I've found it very helpful. The plastic doen'st show every little scratch either. I put one layer one when I first got my E (in Jan) and was dissapointed that it looked very uneven when I got out into the light. So the next coat I put on heavily and made sure I got it very even, then wiped off the excess. Since then it looks very nice and I haven't had to re-apply. I don't think drool will "stick to it" .

ORANGEE
04-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Try these Threads too............

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26219

and

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15388

with mine, the drool is part of the "charm"

kissya
04-29-2009, 08:50 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't know she was dirty.....:lol:

Could not resist....:twisted:

Jojo
04-29-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't know she was dirty.....:lol:

Could not resist....:twisted:

Dang you beat me to it!:rolleyes:

dog drool
04-30-2009, 07:23 AM
I prefer warm soapy water, candle light and a glass of wine. :D

kissya
04-30-2009, 08:32 AM
I prefer warm soapy water, candle light and a glass of wine. :D

Woohoo.......:)

steamloco76
05-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Inexpensive old school cleaner Simonize TUFF-STUFF in the red and yellow can and an old terrycloth towel work great-and smell good. The big plus is it works on the FXC seat fabric too. Just used it to detail the wife's E we are selling- only $3 a can at Dollar General and Wal-Fart.

cmiddl01
05-10-2009, 09:17 PM
I didn't like the job the dealership did on my car when I bought it, so when I got it home, I used the Turtlewax F21 protectant stuff and the interior sparkles now! http://www.antonline.com/p_T96R-GP_486123.htm

I also noticed I did a horrible job the first time. I took my german shepherd for ice cream on a hot day and then there were drool marks EVERYWHERE. So, I used the F 21 again and they all came out great. Once you put it on, it makes it a ton easier to get slobber off later on. I highly recommend it.

In exchange for my valuable advice, will you please take a moment and vote for my dog? I'm trying to win her free dog bones for a year. She eats a lot so this would be helpful :) You can vote once a day, every day :)

http://www.greenies.com/en_us/showusyoursmile/castVote.aspx?keepThis=31&TB_iframe=true&height=655&width=425&modal=true

For incentive, here is a picture of Lucy ::

Twilightzero
05-10-2009, 09:36 PM
My solution for dog drool and just about any other cleaning job is Simple Green. Non-toxic, biodegradable, tough enough to degrease your engine and gentle enough to use on clothing stains. Can't find a better cleaner :D