Will the ELEMENT CD player play Burnt CD's [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Will the ELEMENT CD player play Burnt CD's

PaulyPaul
01-30-2003, 11:24 AM
Has onyone checked if the CD player will play Audio Formated CD that have been burnt in a CD_RW, either it be audio, or Mp3 converted to Audio.

Or....If it played straight Mp3's off a CD? that would be great to know also.

One thing I do like is that I have a 128mb mp3 player. So I can always plug it right into the aux jack.

marysville
01-30-2003, 01:53 PM
According to the Element owner's manual, the stock CD player that comes in EX models will play CD-R discs as long as they're high-quality discs designed for audio use. The player will not play CD-RW discs.

Chameleon
01-31-2003, 01:50 AM
I hope it can also handle my 100 CD spindle for $8.00 Cheapos, which are loading up currently with Widespread, TOO, DEAD, and lots of rips from RadioParadise.com

But to answer you, yes. I wouldn't advise adding that MP3 player, however, which is an option with the stereo. Just use your plug in, until they come out with some good aftermarket, low cost, play everything cd players that can handle SHN,MP3,WMF etc....

Perhaps then we can rip out our stereos and Ebay them to those of you in the DX <g>

FloridaGlenn
02-01-2003, 10:47 AM
Hey gang.

:arrow: Yes!! I am a pseudo DJ and make and burn CD's alll the time and play them in the Element just Fine!! You will have no problem!

Glenn

8)

RML
02-02-2003, 08:28 PM
Glen,

Thanks for the info, now we know. :D

tommy.roks
02-04-2003, 01:02 PM
i would hope so. All my cd collection are burned cd's

RML
02-21-2003, 09:56 AM
Hi all,

OK, I joined the modern age. My wife and I went out and got a CD burner last night. I went and made a bunch of Cd's.

They do play great in the Element's CD player.

isketerol
02-21-2003, 02:40 PM
As I have said in earlier......much nicer to play a copy of your favourite cd in the "E" so that you don't worry about runining that expensive Japanese import of Abba's Greatest Hits; as an example. :lol:

CdCopy is great for making copies of music cds.

Iskie

popart
06-01-2011, 08:46 AM
I have a Honda Element 2003 and have tried and tried to play burned CD's on CD my player. They do play fine on my computer. But all I hear is a horrible intense sound on my car player. And I have tried other CD's my friend made for her own player that also don't work on mine.

What could be the problem?

I am using Memorex CD-R, 52X 700MB 80 min discs.

Thanks.

Popart

AztecRol
06-01-2011, 01:28 PM
I have a Honda Element 2003 and have tried and tried to play burned CD's on CD my player. They do play fine on my computer. But all I hear is a horrible intense sound on my car player. And I have tried other CD's my friend made for her own player that also don't work on mine.

What could be the problem?

I am using Memorex CD-R, 52X 700MB 80 min discs.

Thanks.

Popart

First, I want to say how impressed I am with you Popart!!!
First, you have brought a thread that is OVER 8 years old back from the dead!!
This has to be the oldest thread I have seen brought back!!!
Second, you didnt start a new thread, you used the SEARCH button!!! Brings a tear to my eye!! :razz:

Couple of questions for you, what type of files are you burning to your CD-R's?? WAV, MP3, etc??
Do regular store bought CDs play in your radio??

This will hopefully help get your answer.

popart
06-01-2011, 02:43 PM
one is .mp3, another is flv and others are .flac

yes, store-bought ones do play fine.

i must be doing something wrong in burning them or maybe files need to be converted to other format?

i didn't even look at date of previous posts!

thanks for any help you can offer.

AztecRol
06-01-2011, 03:03 PM
one is .mp3, another is flv and others are .flac

yes, store-bought ones do play fine.

i must be doing something wrong in burning them or maybe files need to be converted to other format?

i didn't even look at date of previous posts!

thanks for any help you can offer.

I forgot to tell you to please finish filling out your profile. You said you had an
03 E, but you didnt say what model. That being said, I know what your problem
is. The OEM radio in the 03 will only play WAV files. Even my 08 will only
play WAV and MP3s. No way they will play flac or flv files. Not sure if you have
the owners manual, but you can find a copy here thanks to ramblerdan:

http://www.skidmore.edu/~pdwyer/e/tech.htm

If you really want to play those file types on your radio, you are going to have
to get an aftermarket deck.

Yoda E SC
06-02-2011, 08:55 AM
First, I want to say how impressed I am with you Popart!!!
First, you have brought a thread that is OVER 8 years old back from the dead!!
This has to be the oldest thread I have seen brought back!!!
Second, you didnt start a new thread, you used the SEARCH button!!! Brings a tear to my eye!! :razz:

x2

surely jojo will show shortly since there was a zombie sighting. :-)

popart
10-09-2011, 10:36 PM
hi,
sorry to take so long responding.
the files are .flac and .wav.
the discs play in my computer.
any ideas?
thanks.

popart
10-09-2011, 11:04 PM
i just tried a .wpl file that produced a loud bzzzzzz.

popart
10-09-2011, 11:43 PM
i just copied a wav file onto a cd-r disc and tried to play it in my car. no go. just a buzzzzz
again!

Slobadon
10-10-2011, 09:07 AM
Im pretty sure the disks have to be finalized, closed.

xequar
10-10-2011, 09:54 AM
Disks should be finalised and, IIRC, the files have to be .wav, .mp3, or .wma, or of course CD audio. Even then, as with anything in the realm of burned media, you have a 10-20 percent risk of incompatibility.

popart
10-12-2011, 08:38 AM
i did finalize the disc. and i'm using a memorex cd-r disc. is that one audio?

Shoshin
08-20-2014, 11:38 AM
Since you guys like seeing threads ressurected, I'll go ahead and give this one CPR a second time (also after using the search to find it.. where's my gold star?) :)

I found this thread (http://mattjacob.com/2013/playing-mp3-cds-in-a-honda-element-ex/) through Google, and it seems there's a number of "rules" to creating optimum results, so I figured I'd see if I could get confirmed what I've read at the other location.

It seems to mention MP3's encoded at 192 max. Most of my collection is 320, so I'm curious if anyone can shed some more light on this?

Note that I pick up my Element this week sometime (I can't wait!!) but I want to ensure I have some tunes preburned.

AztecRol
08-21-2014, 01:15 AM
I play burned discs with mp3s on them all the time in my E. I dont remember
what format they are in. Most of my stuff is 320. I have a lot of VBR stuff
as well. But why dont you just do what that link says. Burn it at a CBR of 192 and you should have no problems. If I figure out what my CDs are burned at,
I will let you know.