Wipers don't park right..dead spot when activating [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Wipers don't park right..dead spot when activating

Andy-Montreal
01-23-2004, 05:44 PM
I noticed something weird with my wipers this morning. When I move the wiper lever up to the mist mode, unless I keep it there manually for at least a good second the wipers will stop dead for the first 6-8 inches.

In addition, when the wipers go thru their cycle, they park about a half inch from the bottom where they normally reside. If I reactivate them, they will move the half-inch down and then come up to wipe the windshield. It sounds to me like a motor or relay problem. Anybody else experience this?

hownowcb
01-23-2004, 08:15 PM
I've experienced both situations you describe, but don't consider either of them an actual "Problem" or "Issue". "Quirk", maybe, but I guess I'll just have to learn to be a little more assertive with the one-wipe only command. And perhaps it only seems odd because in general, all the other control responses seem so deliberate and precise. If you give the lever a more deliberate upward stroke instead of just a flick, the wipers will behave appropriately. I've experienced both these phenomena in other vehicles without undue distress, so I wouldn't worry more than about 1/10th of a second about this.