Sad news [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Sad news

keckhanded
03-09-2004, 01:30 AM
My wife and some friends went camping this past weekend in Tn. Nathan Bedford forrest state park to be exact. We were there March 5 through 7. Wonderful weather. Sunday morning at about 8:30 our oldest dog Maslow (Abraham H. Maslow). Looked a lot like a Welsh Corgi. asked to be let out of the tent (whining). I let him out and joined him shortly thereafter. He began breathing heavily and with some difficulty. And after a few minutes he died.
My wife rescued him from the Quad here at the university of Alabama 15 years ago he was a stray just wandering around. He was blind and had been using the bathroom inside the house for the past 2 years. He will be sorely missed. :cry: :cry: :cry:
With the help of the wonderful people at Nathan Bedford Forrest State park. We were able to bury him on the bank of kentucky lake.
If you are reading posts in this thread you know how wonderful pets can be. Please give your pets a special hug to let them know how much you love them (sorry for the cleche)(sp) but they will really will be gone before you know it. :cry:

brendan
03-09-2004, 01:43 AM
I am so so sorry to hear about this. :(

I guess the best I can say is...that as you grieve, you should also be glad you were there for him as friend and comfort both in life and in death.

-brendan

Slowhand
03-09-2004, 07:06 AM
RIP, little buddy. As soon as I saw the title, I knew what was coming. Having lost a couple of "best friend's", I know what a loss it is. Please accept my sympathies.

foxtail
03-09-2004, 08:20 AM
All my sympathy. Your post brought tears to my eyes. I lost Shannon (15-years old as well) 4 years ago. It gets easier, but you never forget.

I'll hug my three buddies as soon as I get home. But I would have done that anyway.

Best wishes,
Kristi

boneheadz
03-09-2004, 08:51 AM
Very sorry to hear about your loss.

bonez

id: 635
03-09-2004, 09:58 AM
i am so sorry to read about your stunning loss -- it's so sad.

ImaVeggie
03-09-2004, 10:22 AM
Sorry for your loss.

I have a 13 year old cat... I call him my fuzzy son. I keep telling him he better be the world's longest living cat. When he finally goes to the big scratching post in the sky, I will be so heartbroken.

lae10851
03-09-2004, 11:18 AM
It gets me everytime I read these stories. My thoughts are with you and all that loved Maslow. It is honerable that the parks people cared enough to allow a proper resting place for your dear one.

Although it is too early too appreciate, that spot will be a place you will always remember him.

Tears and Hugs,
Amy

SeattleE
03-09-2004, 12:06 PM
So sorry. As I type I'm looking at our 14 year old Dachsund/spaniel mixes. The female is getting fluids 3 times a week for Kidney failure, and she tends to let us know how she's feeling all over the carpet...glad we haven't replaced it yet.

Special friends indeed...

Jesse

music&dogs
03-09-2004, 01:05 PM
I am sorry about Maslow. I went through this last June. There are no words so I won't even try except to say that I understand, and I'm sure others here do too, since many of us bought the E because it is a vehicle compatible with an animal lover's lifestyle. I'm glad you reached out and shared with us. Everyone finds their own ways to get through the grieving process. I hope you will quickly find the way that is best for you and your family. It's very difficult and don't let anyone tell you it should be any less so because the loved one had four legs instead of two. You've lost a friend and that's a big loss.

snowshoe
03-09-2004, 02:30 PM
Sorry to hear of Maslow passing. Pets can certainly occupy a large part of your heart.

Cameraman
03-09-2004, 03:05 PM
How fortunate of Maslow to have his guardians to shepard him out of this world. While death is a sad inevitablility, death made easier by loved ones is a blessing. Good work.

keckhanded
03-09-2004, 07:52 PM
I am really greatful to all of you who took the time to write. I dont know what to say except thank you all. :D
Stephen

kato76
03-11-2004, 02:46 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss I understand how it can be hope all goes well.

LmentalMastiffs
03-15-2004, 12:16 PM
:cry: :cry: Reading your post brought tears to my eyes. I feel your pain. Just last year in May, I lost my babygirl, Hunter.

I'll be sure to offer up a huge hug to my crew when I get home this evening from work. I'll light my K9 candle as well. But I'm sure your furkid is already across the Rainbow Bridge.

Could you post a pic of him? Please?? And tell your wife, she's a saint for taking in a stray and loving him for all those years!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

danecr8
03-15-2004, 12:37 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad that you all had the opportunity to give each other the wonderful gift of love.

Lve2laff
03-15-2004, 01:16 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I, too, lost my 12 year old dog last Sunday. He loved riding in my Element, and it broke my heart to delete "Large white smilin husky passenger" from my signature on this site. My prayers are out for you and just know that other E owners grieve with you. :cry:

id: 635
03-20-2004, 01:20 PM
[quote:bea4e8afc4=" "]I am so sorry for your loss. I, too, lost my 12 year old dog last Sunday. He loved riding in my Element, and it broke my heart to delete "Large white smilin husky passenger" from my signature on this site. My prayers are out for you and just know that other E owners grieve with you. :cry:[/quote:bea4e8afc4]

so sorry to hear about the loss of your Sibe -- (******* is a Siberian Husky too!)

Schutzhund
03-26-2004, 11:25 AM
Our furry friends when they leave us are always missed. Your sadness truly measures your love. I have welcomed into this world and said goobye to many great companions, time dulls the pain and sadness till nothing is left but good memories. I pray for your peace.

Tom......