Install Your Own Parts [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Install Your Own Parts

jrcnet
03-18-2003, 11:06 AM
FYI for all those thinking about installing your own accessories.There are two websites I considered buying from: Cheaphondaparts.com and Handa-accessories.com (only these two because they had the best prices). Cheaphondaparts.com has better shipping prices (sometmies free or $9.95 for entire order) but Handa-accessories.com has lower prices even when you calculate shipping. I put together a list of all the accessories I wanted to add to my Element ($1800 worth) and emailed it to both places for their best bid. Cheaphondaparts.com came through and beat Handa-accessories.com by $100 plus I got free shipping. This will probably only work for big orders, but its worth a try to save a little money no matter what. Installing the parts is a breeze. The toughest ones were the fog lights and the front bumper trim because you have to remove the bumper. But anyone who can operate simple tools can do it all.

Taliesinn
03-18-2003, 05:35 PM
"But anyone who can operate simple tools can do it all."

Had you said, "someone simple with some tools..." I might have considered it! As it is, I'll leave the fog lights to the dealer and try to coerce him into making it a free-be.. :)