Heavy Heart.... [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Heavy Heart....

snowshoe
04-12-2004, 05:16 PM
This afternoon we had to use our Element to take our much loved chocolate Lab, Pongo, in and have him put down. His 11 years with us were wonderful and he was a great part of our family. His gentle demeanor and unconditional faithfulness were certainly a testimony to his character and I will miss him dearly.

He was always at our side and a regular part of the Welcoming Committee to all who came into our store or to those who pulled up when staying with us at our campground. And at night he was always curled up next to my side of the bed...his head just at arms length so that when I couldn't sleep I could reach down and stroke his head while his tail slowly thumped. Molly, our other Lab, is certainly feeling the loss too...walking over to the glass sliding door every few minutes to peer out and see if he has shown up again...and then slowly walking back to her favorite spot under the table to lie down and issue one of those long, sad sighs.

Pam and I were with him, along with one of our sons, as he closed his eyes. A sad heart is certainly a heavy heart...so give your pet an extra hug for us tonight!

JeffN
04-12-2004, 05:21 PM
So sorry to hear Ben.
He will be waiting for you in heaven!

music&dogs
04-12-2004, 05:27 PM
Very sad day indeed. I am so very sorry to hear. There are no words for the hole that is felt in one's life when this happens. Please know that my thoughts are with you, as are those of many who share this board, I'm sure.

GYPSYTDA
04-12-2004, 05:42 PM
Snowshoe.. I am so sorry about the loss of Pongo.. that is extremely hard to deal with.. and for your other pup too.

My wishes are with you.. very sorry for your loss..

foxtail
04-12-2004, 05:50 PM
All my sympathy for your loss. And thank you for being a loving friend to Pongo, to know when the time was right.

It's been 4 years since we reached the same point with a beloved companion...and I'm crying now in memory. Time to go hug my 3 silly canines.

Kristi

DustE
04-12-2004, 07:08 PM
You have my sympathy and prayers Ben. It has been almost ten years since my Savannah came home from the SPCA with me. To anyone else she's just yappy, shedding mutt with a bad under-bite but she has been the most loyal and affectionate dog I have ever know. I know that our time together is growing short and can imagine the loss you must feel. Hold the ones you love, canine and otherwise, that much closer and cherish their friendship. Our thoughts are with you, and remember that a heaven without dogs would not be heaven.

God Bless!

DustE.

boneheadz
04-12-2004, 08:41 PM
:cry: :cry:

SeattleE
04-12-2004, 09:41 PM
:cry: We have two little mutts that are now 14 years old, so the time can't be far off. Thank you, and Pongo thanks you for knowing when the time was right and not prolonging anything...
I'm rubbing Kirby's head right now... :cry:

jesse

lae10851
04-12-2004, 09:52 PM
:cry:

napoleon_E
04-12-2004, 11:03 PM
Snowshoe,

I feel for you and your family in this time of loss. Since we have no children yet, our two dogs are my wife and my kids. They are really a part of our family. I can understand how hard it is to lose a part of your family.

Stay strong.

snowshoe
04-13-2004, 09:04 AM
Pam, the children and I thank you so much for your thoughts and kind words.

This is Pongo...

http://www.elementownersclub.com/uploads/files/pongo1-250.jpg

Lve2laff
04-13-2004, 10:39 AM
My beloved dog died March 7th, so I know the pain that you feel. Just know that many of us understand and our thoughts are with you. Take care and I believe, for sure, that dogs do go to heaven. And, this web site really helped me in my time of pain: http://www.in-memory-of-pets.com

Worth a look. Take care. :cry:

keckhanded
04-13-2004, 07:56 PM
It is truly a wonderful thing to share your life with a pet. My thoughts are with you and yours and my house mates will certianly get an extra hug from me. :(