Slip, Sliding Away! [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Slip, Sliding Away!

cbausk
04-29-2004, 02:42 PM
Need help, picked up my new Element yesterday (SMM, 4wd, 5sp) and my dogs are already sliding all over the back. What is the best remedy? Read the strings where some people bought that rubber full mat and some buying the puzzle squares. Want to know what works best. Feel bad that I bought the vehicle for my dogs and now they can't ride in it.

SeattleE
04-29-2004, 02:52 PM
I'm using a combination of the puzzle pieces(always changing the seating configuration, these are easy to change around) and a double sided fleece/cotton dog blanket from Costco...
works great and Kirby stays put! unless I corner too fast.......

jesse

music&dogs
04-29-2004, 09:41 PM
Don't be discouraged. This is an easily solved problem. For a while I used one of those commercial rubber backed commercial mats like you see as you enter stores or offices. It gave dogs good traction; protected the floor really well. But it was hard to roll up when I wanted to put the back seat down for passenger use. If you don't use back seats much, I'd highly receommend this rubber backed commercial matting. (Do a search for them under commercial matting.) Now I use a combination of the Element's Honda rubber mat (which covers part of the back area) and I keep one seat reclined made into dog bed. The other half of the back floor that is exposed is covered by a cheap non-skid runner type rug bought at discount store. It's slip proof but rolls up quickly when I want to take the other seat down from the side of the E.

\"VOSGTC\"
04-30-2004, 10:52 PM
If you don't have any outstanding warrants, contact your local law enforcement K9 officer. That problem has been researched and overcome.

GJIsh
05-02-2004, 05:47 PM
When I got my E our pup had some problems staying on the back seat. She would never be OK with not being able to look out the windows. I solved it by purchasing two bath mats from Target. One goes on the back seats which helps her with staying on the seat and the other goes in the way back to keep any cargo from sliding around. Nice thing is you can remove them, roll them up, and put them in the seat back storage. Plus the color was perfect. Don't have any pics of her in the E yet but you can see her at http://www.geocities.com/gordonsdog/index.html . Her looks are deceptive. She has been a handful since we adopted her but she is starting to calm down. :P

cbausk
05-03-2004, 08:15 AM
Thanks for your valuable insight....Might want to quit your day job(if you have one) and become a comedian!

BoxTurtle
05-03-2004, 09:52 PM
We have a Yellow Lab (70lbs) and to keep her from sliding around we lay the back seats flat and throw a blanket over them. Its an instant Lab bed and she really loves her window high perch!

JJ

snowshoe
05-05-2004, 08:23 PM
...we lay the back seats flat and throw a blanket over them. Its an instant Lab bed and she really loves her window high perch!
That is exactly what we do, as well. Molly (our 95 pound, I-have-never-met-a-scrap-of-food-I-didn't-like Lab) took about a 3 second look around the Element and quickly claimed the passenger seat right behind the drivers seat. She "bounds" (as much as a four-legged sausage with a tail can "bound") right in, does that funny turn-around-before-I-lie-down maneuver and then settles in for the ride. Periodically her head appears between the seats for a little ear scratching and then she disappears back to her seat for another snooze.

\"VOSGTC\"
06-23-2004, 08:49 PM
[quote:e2fca81bac=" "]Thanks for your valuable insight....Might want to quit your day job(if you have one) and become a comedian![/quote:e2fca81bac]

Obviously, not a comedian.

Just the world as seen through the eyes of a retired cop.