Bought some rims today... [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Bought some rims today...

MatT3T4
05-14-2004, 09:50 PM
I wasn't sure if my distributor still carried 5Zigen rims, and when I called today, they did...so I ordered. :lol:

http://www.5zigenusa.com/images/wheels/fn01rc_mattblk.jpg

Got the 5Zigen FN01R-C's in hyperblack, 18x7.5".

I could have spent a lot less money on some Buddy Club's, or some Rota's, but it's just not the same. I $@#&%$@ love the FN01R-C's, and they look so sick on an Element, so I had to go for them. I'm going down to Just Tire's tomorrow to open up a wholesale account there...so I can get my tires, haha. So if anyone needs tires, I'll be able to get those too now. :twisted:

Not sure when I will have the rims, though. If 5Zigen has them in stock, I will have them in about a week. If they are not in stock, I have to wait until they get here from Japan, which can take 4-6 weeks. I hope they are already in the US.

I will post pictures as soon as I get them put on, and get Ellie washed, hehe.

MatT3T4
05-14-2004, 09:52 PM
PS: Here they are on an Element.

http://www.thehondaelement.net/suv1.JPG

Mine is black, and I got the hyperblack wheels to match, and I am also lowered 2". I can't wait to get them on!!!!!

joeBoxer
05-15-2004, 02:01 AM
hey somebody's excited! post some pics after you get em on.

btw, are you inferring that you want to pass along some wholesale prices on a set of new shoes? what about BFG A/T TA/KO in 235/70/16, if you could get me four at wholesale - that would be very cool! i could come pick em up!

MatT3T4
05-15-2004, 02:06 AM
Well, maybe a teeeeeeeeeny bit over wholesale (hey, it's business), but I am not above passing on mad savings...

Lemme get the acccount open and see what they have first.

But yeah, I am happy as hell. I am a complete impulse buyer. The thought of rims popped in my head...and I immidiately bought...haha

joeBoxer
05-15-2004, 02:27 AM
fair enough. i can do you right if you pass along a good deal in the process. i gotta buy some in the next few weeks so, let me know by PM if you can do anything!

MatT3T4
05-15-2004, 12:28 PM
Shall do.

MatT3T4
05-22-2004, 06:33 PM
http://www.e-matt.citymaker.com/i//DSCF0002.JPG

Ahhhhhh...

The Civic in the background is my other car, it's the B20 project.

dballs5
05-22-2004, 07:16 PM
looks great man.........what other mods you planning???

LMN_OP
05-22-2004, 10:01 PM
[quote:a6e3ceae57=" "]hey somebody's excited! post some pics after you get em on.

btw, are you inferring that you want to pass along some wholesale prices on a set of new shoes? what about BFG A/T TA/KO in 235/70/16, if you could get me four at wholesale - that would be very cool! i could come pick em up![/quote:a6e3ceae57]
Someone posted before that BFG A/T TA/KO 235's rubbed and had to switch to 225's. Thought you should know.

joeBoxer
05-23-2004, 04:14 AM
someone also posted that they mounted a set and they didn't rub, so it's a crapshoot. it's all academic anyway cause today i paid for a set of 235/70/16 Bridgestone AT/Revos, got the $50 rebate and will have them mounted next week.

ps to mat - your new wheels are fine man!

MatT3T4
05-23-2004, 11:45 AM
FYI: My car is lowered two inches. We first tried a set of 245/55/18's, and they rubbed like it was going out of style. We then tried a set of 235/50/18's, and they are perfect.

As for other mods, I have a weapon-r intake with an HKS filter, spoon oil cap (because it's so JDM it hurts, lol), and sprint springs...and a stereo system of course. I will most likely do every mod that comes out, as it comes out. As soon as Tanabe or Injen gets off of their ass and releases their exhaust, I'll pick up one of them and let you guys know how it is, and if you want a group buy, I'll hook it up. I'd love a header too, but who knows...we'll see what these companies come out with.

Its_Smee
05-23-2004, 12:16 PM
[quote:31c2239150=" "]FYI: My car is lowered two inches. We first tried a set of 245/55/18's, and they rubbed like it was going out of style. We then tried a set of 235/50/18's, and they are perfect.

As for other mods, I have a weapon-r intake with an HKS filter, spoon oil cap (because it's so JDM it hurts, lol), and sprint springs...and a stereo system of course. I will most likely do every mod that comes out, as it comes out. As soon as Tanabe or Injen gets off of their ass and releases their exhaust, I'll pick up one of them and let you guys know how it is, and if you want a group buy, I'll hook it up. I'd love a header too, but who knows...we'll see what these companies come out with.[/quote:31c2239150]

Good choice those tires handle much better than the BFG one's, I had both on my Nissan Pathfinder, and the Revo's were great.

eveloso
05-23-2004, 03:25 PM
hello matt3t4,

how did lowering and new shoes affect your ride quality. i'm planning on doing the same set-up as far as dropping and wheel/tire size and was wonder how rough it actually made it. also did you have to use any adjustable camber mods. you can email me eveloso_vt@yahoo.com or post here.

in advance, thank you.

oh yeah, did you use the eibach setup?

MatT3T4
05-23-2004, 10:01 PM
Lowering the stance enhances the handling a lot. I drive the Element like I drive a normal car. The wider tires help now too. It really handles quite well considering it is a box. I have the Sprint 2" drop. The ride quality on the springs is fine. I don't remember feeling much of a difference at all after I changed it, and I am used to it now, so it doesn't make a difference to me. The 18" rims, and the lower profile tires, though...you do definitely feel the road more, but again, it's nothing too drastic. For what it does, and how much better it looks than the stock E, it is well worth it.

Chris03HD
05-24-2004, 07:26 PM
Mat, looks perfect... perfect wheel for that drop. :D

MatT3T4
05-25-2004, 11:28 PM
Thanks!

Dare I say I notice a slight difference in pickup with the small overal tire diameter???

mortaaay
06-02-2004, 11:34 AM
Did you do the drop yourself or did you have it professionally done?
Did you do all the camber additions as well.
Thanks.
M.

MatT3T4
06-02-2004, 11:46 PM
I had someone do the drop for me...I don't have the patience to do it myself. And no, I haven't fixed the camber yet...too lazy. I'm lazy with no patience.

Odd.

ValeraOmar
06-07-2004, 09:28 PM
Matt your E looks really cool w/them rims...... I'm in the market to buy an E and I'm starting to like it more when I saw yours w/rims....... do you remember me? I'm the guy w/the white del Sol that bought a couple of things from you way back. Well anyways I think we are going to do more business once I get the E......... :twisted: http://www.intensespeed.com/motion/CarandModel1.jpg

MatT3T4
06-17-2004, 01:15 AM
Yeah man, haha...as soon as I saw your name, I recognized. Get the E man, you'll love it, and I get these 5Zigens for a pretty good price...

kevmi44
06-17-2004, 01:40 PM
Matt,
Do you know if the Tein full coilover suspension used on the RSX will fit the Element? It looks like they have similar suspension setups. Thanks!

MatT3T4
06-21-2004, 09:33 PM
You'll have to call TEIN about that, but I am fairly positive that the answer is yes. My mechanic first thought that the springs I brought him to drop my Element were for an RSX...

MatT3T4
06-21-2004, 09:34 PM
Ha! You're in Northridge...I'm in Reseda, just down Tampa.