Infinity all the way! [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Infinity all the way!

Nat
03-27-2003, 11:03 AM
I started with a DX 4 wheel Drive without any stereo

I put in a Kenwood MP3 head end and Pioneer 2 way speakers in 4 doors

Yesterday I returned the Pioneer speakers (no bass, treble was distorted)

I installed the Infinity 5 1/4" 50.5 cs components (tweeters fit where stock tweeters would normally go) and midrange speakers in front door (crossovers fit behind Kenwood headend in dash)

Infinity 552i 5 1/4" 2 way speakers in rear door

5 1/4" speakers fit perfectly without any additional modifications. I believe the 6 1/2" speakers requires some speaker hole modifications for speakers to fit.

The differences between the Pioneer and Infinity is simply amazing

I haven't even installed my 8" solobaric Kicker subwoofer and amp yet (next week) but the base response is tight and excellent. The mid-high clarity and definition is awesome compared to the Pioneers. I guess I got spoiled with my home theatre setup of Denon reciever and Klipsch speakers. My car stereo is now an absolute pleasure.

spacemen3
03-27-2003, 12:03 PM
nat...id love to see pics fo the system...install...etc....please email me at : mcneilmcneil@aol.com...take care...robert

spacemen3
03-27-2003, 12:16 PM
nat...you made my mind up for me...im going with infinity...what is the model number of the speaker system?

mike1007
03-27-2003, 11:06 PM
I agree, installed the Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 (6 1/2) and it sounds fantastic. Had to cut the back out of the speaker hole to fit depth so I could put the grill back in. Have some speaker baffles, will install as soon as I figure out how to remove the door panels (anybody do this yet?) Also had to cut the speaker hole on the grill partially.