Leaf Blower & Dog Hair [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Leaf Blower & Dog Hair

music&dogs
06-07-2004, 10:37 PM
Today I tried it. It worked. I had read the urban legend that E owners use a leaf blower on their interiors but it seemed like the fur would just fly around the car and you know how it can weave its way into those seats, so I never tried. But it works! Move front seats forward, fold forward and direct the dog hair out the back. I vacuumed up a few strays that lingered after but it took me a fraction of the time to clean that vacuuming would have taken. I don't know many things in life that make as much sense as this car does!

MikeQBF
06-07-2004, 11:14 PM
>Today I tried it. It worked.

I first heard about this from the sales manager at one of the dealerships when we were shopping. She said that when it was her turn to keep the demo E, she'd do the leaf blower thing all the time. Just open 'er up and blow 'er out!

Since Pixel (<=====) is such a maniac on a lead, he doesn't get to ride in the E unless he's in the crate. So we haven't had the need to test this ourselves. I'd rather not, Dalmatian hair likes to dig into fabrics and you can just never get fully rid of it.

:?

music&dogs
06-08-2004, 08:21 AM
I know what you mean about the damnation hair. I had a part dalmnation until last June. She was a bit of a maniac too, but had so much personality; I just adored her personality. I thought nobody could shed more than she did, however Sedona does. I call Sedona a German Shedder!

GYPSYTDA
06-08-2004, 08:48 AM
[quote:cf3ae60766=" "]I know what you mean about the damnation hair. I had a part dalmnation until last June. She was a bit of a maniac too, but had so much personality; I just adored her personality. I thought nobody could shed more than she did, however Sedona does. I call Sedona a German Shedder![/quote:cf3ae60766]

i love it german shedder.. sheps are so awesome, i had one long time ago, i still miss him!
i have a border collie.. i love and adore him.. but wanna have a shed competition.. oooh (ack ack hair ball)

Sulli
02-15-2005, 06:09 PM
I can't wait to try out the leafblower scheme. LOL

I have TWO dalmatians and I know what shedding and dog hair is all about. :) as do all dog owners. Before I sold our previous car, i had it detailed.....4 hours it took 3 guys at the shop to do it. I paid 50 Bux for the job so I am guessing they made no money from me that day.

I am taking the doggies on a trip this weekend so I will see how the E (two days old) holds up to my two Dals. Maybe invest in a Leafblower instead of floor mats. :grin: :grin:

seb
02-15-2005, 06:34 PM
Just a word of caution.... Be sure to use an electric blower.

Gas blowers have oil in the airstream! :)