Honda Element Owners Club banner

Superbright LED part #'s

4K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Rob Dobbs 
#1 ·
I'd like to replace the dome lights and map lights with brighter LEDs. Actually I'd like white lights in the domes and red in the map lights. Can I trust the Superbright LED system to give me the correct bulbs or can somebody give me the part numbers or links to the correct items.

Is there any danger to doing this?

Thanks

#2 ·
Here's what I did, http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=918738&postcount=28

The connection caps are a little loose (small OD)for the fixture, easy way to fix that is to double up the caps by carefully removing the caps from the old incandescent bulbs and just placing over the new led caps.

By carefully I mean outside of your element, because its very easy to crack the glass on those bulbs.

#3 ·
This is what I ended up buying. I bent the connection in the center dome a little to grab the bulb better

Map lights
2 | 3022-xHP4: DE3175 LED Bulb - 4 SMD LED Festoon| $ 6.95 |
3022-CWHP4: Cool White

Rear and center dome
2 | 4210-xHP6: 6451 LED Bulb - 6 SMD LED Festoon| $ 14.95 |
4210-CWHP6: Cool White

#4 ·
For the map lights you dont want so much output it affects night time driving so the 4 smd's are a good call. Ive never understood why people use colored bulbs but to each their own. If you choose to go with colored bulbs for any reason ask yourself why before spending the money.

If your after much more light in the domes 6 or even 8 smd bulbs wont do it. The output will be more crisp and the main gain will be the drain on your electrical will be a fraction of what it is with incandescent.

To get noticeable output and light go after the full panel of led's. I run a 50 smd panel front and rear. For me working out of the E at night in pitch black areas there isnt anything better thats a simple swap. Some have installed led strips that run off the dome lights but with the panels, its all not needed.

50 smd panel fits in the factory location with zero modifications.

Front and rear domes on.

#5 ·
Wow I wouldn't think 50 smd fits. 6 smd is getting the job done for me but I'm not working out of my car at night. I'd be worried about blinding my passengers w/ 50 lol

#7 ·
Hey rob I would like part number also
Thanks so much

#8 ·
I dont know any part number for any paid reseller off this forum. Until this boards weird seller rules forbid me to resell here I used to sell complete E LED packages between $20 and $25 shipped. There are also 12, 24 and 36 SMD led panels as well as one watt festoon led bulbs but the 50 panel isnt blinding, just more than enough light. I tried them all and stick with the 50 panel. No issues over the past few years between two E's. Also had them in the prior PT Loozer for a few years as well. They also light up the exterior just enough to help find the exterior door handles in pitch black night.

Trick is with the panels is the adapter. Without it you either need to hack the bulb or replace the contacts on the receptacle itself.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
Part #s please & Link if available....Thanks

Hey rob I would like part number also. Are these "SuperBrights?"
Thanks so much

I dont know any part number for any paid reseller off this forum. Until this boards weird seller rules forbid me to resell here I used to sell complete E LED packages between $20 and $25 shipped. There are also 12, 24 and 36 SMD led panels as well as one watt festoon led bulbs but the 50 panel isnt blinding, just more than enough light. I tried them all and stick with the 50 panel. No issues over the past few years between two E's. Also had them in the prior PT Loozer for a few years as well. They also light up the exterior just enough to help find the exterior door handles in pitch black night.

Trick is with the panels is the adapter. Without it you either need to hack the bulb or replace the contacts on the receptacle itself.

#10 ·
There are a few different manufacturers and styles. This type seems to not have issues BUT the other makes with the covers on the led's did burn out quickly. I tried a dozen or so various styles over the years and this one never seems to have issues in the past 8 years of using them in various vehicles.

#13 · (Edited)
I'd like to replace the dome lights and map lights with brighter led lighting. Actually I'd like white lights in the domes and red in the map lights. Can I trust the Superbright LED system to give me the correct bulbs or can somebody give me the part numbers or links to the correct items.

Is there any danger to doing this?

Thanks
I have got some led lights and they work awesome. Just go with them they will save money for you

#17 ·
keep in mind when searching for the SMD LED panel, the festoon adapter needs to be wide enough to reach the contacts. In my trial and errors on what bulbs would and wouldnt work, light out put and such, id say half the panels came with an adapter that was too short. I also highly suggest checking the solder connections all around just to be safe. Again, trial and error.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.