Honda Element Owners Club banner

Vinyl Wrapping my 06 E

9K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  UrsulaG 
#1 ·
I've had a full roll of matte black 3m 1080 vinyl wrap that I was going to originally wrap my 95 civic Si in. I decided to get my EG painted and will now use the wrap on my daily driver E. :)

Here's a few hours from today. I'm hoping to have the entire thing done by next weekend.

I'll be getting JDM H's and new wheels (18's) to finish the look. Stock suspension for the time being.

I'll keep updating this thread with progress pics.

Steve

See less See more
#8 ·
Finished the sides. I just need to do the door handles and roof.

I want to add this, anyone who does this for a living...kudos to you. This is a TON of freaking work and the skill and attention to detail needed are incredible. I'm OCD and I couldn't get the corners right.

Overall, this looks great from 10'....close up, I have issues with various panels during my learning process. The front bumper/headlight area being the worst IMO.

I'll be tackling the door handles during the week sometime.

Steve

#10 ·
seriously... if i didn't love how orange my car was i'd be looking hard into doing that

#11 ·
Looks great and I really like how the door handles look unwrapped.

#16 ·
This looks great. I don't think that I would be up to the task of doing this myself. Does anyone out there have an idea of how much this would cost to have a professional do it? Also, what are the major benefits of wrapping as opposed to painting?

#18 ·
Or advertise some random business on one side of the E for $1,500 and then it's only $1,000 - hehe. (Do the passenger side you'll see it less. Ha.)

Also I really honestly dislike matte painted vehicles that I've seen lately. However... I REALLY like the vinyl! It's matte but at least has just a bit of "sheen" to it so it doesn't look like someone took sandpaper to an original black car. (Which is how most of the paints look to me.)

You can even get creative towards the end and make certain panels covered if you want to change it up a bit. Neat..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.