Honda Element Owners Club banner

Cricket Trailer

12K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  wally3 
#1 · (Edited)
Interesting trailer, according to their website: "1300lbs represents an unloaded Cricket with a kitchen and bed"

Need to go through build process to determine price as their are lots of options. They start at $14,330!

There is an E in one of the pics in their site.

http://www.crickettrailer.com/index.html

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
interesting. and butt ugly. then again how pretty does it have to be to keep me comfortable right?

#6 ·
I love these Crickets... but can I afford one? No doubt it's expensive - but there really is nothing else like it available... You are definitely paying for the design (NASA Engineer) and high-tech materials (Aluminum space frame with composite panels) that went into this thing. They are built to last for years....

Thing is, for most people who camp a couple times a year - a plain old tent works fine... lol Now, if I decided to travel across the country (Kayaking or Biking) for a few months and camping along the way - then something like this would be ideal... plus you can sell it when you're done...

14grand does buy one hell of a used trailer or RV though....

#7 ·
We bought one and we love it!

We drove from Houston, TX to Anchorage, AK with our Cricket and it made the trip very comfortable. We used it in the rain and the snow, hot temps and cold. it has the amenities we could not find in any other smaller travel trailer.

While I disagree with ugly comments (beauty is in the eye of the beholder/owner) I will say that people either love the looks or hate it. It works for us and that's all that matters.

#11 ·
for half the price , I would rather get an ecamper.

#15 · (Edited)
I am sure some of you will disagree with me but the Element has a 1500lbs tow rating so the Cricket is too much trailer for the E. Just because you can hook up to it does not make it safe to tow. After putting gear in the E, and trailer you will be way overweight. Some folks out there feel if they can hitch it up and theTV will pull it, then it is OK to tow... it's not. They rate vehicles for a reason. Towing overloaded is dangerous.

#17 ·
We looked for two years at trailers before getting the ECamper done. The best options we ever found were the Sylvan Sport or trying to do a RTT on a small Dinoot/Compact Camping Concepts style trailer. Weight was our primary concern (esp. when you add gear). I was never able to find an enclosed trailer that I felt I could safely tow + camping gear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.