Honda Element Owners Club banner

Maltedbarley's '05 MM

24K views 127 replies 26 participants last post by  OregonElement 
#1 · (Edited)
When I first bought my E, I had posted up a couple pics. I've done a few things since then, so I thought I would share.

I had wanted to paint the silver parts of the bumpers and upper grill for a while, and I finally got around to it yesterday. It didn't match any part of the exterior, and I think it looks much better now.

I also picked up some weather tech rain guards that I love the look of and the practicality. Picked up some elemmats too (can't speak highly enough of them), as well as mud flaps.

There are some pics of my custom interior bike mount too!

Coming up I need to install the passenger side door switch, and hide my blue tooth behind the dash. Winter steelies will be going on soon, I might give them a fresh coat of black (can't wait to drive this in the snow!)

Cheers

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
love the bike rack...you got skillz

#4 ·
Looks great with the extra black details you painted. So is the other 'E' yours as well ?

#5 ·
Thanks guys i appreciate it. The other element is my father's. '08 GG 4WD AT.

And thanks for the compliment on the bike rack, although i cant rake all the credit as a family member helped me make it, and I saw the basic design on the forums here. Although, I dont think anyone else has cut out a notch so it sits in place between the tailgate and side pockets.

#6 ·
Here's a small update. Sitting pretty for winter on steelies with Firestone Winter force tires. Also got some lightly tinted license plate frames.

Coming up soon i want to tint my front windows to match the rear ones (anyone know the % off hand?), and pick up some fogs. Still have to put in the passenger side door lock too.

I love the look of the black wheels..thinking of getting my alloys powder coated black or gunmetal...

Attachments

#7 ·
looks real good. i did 18% on my fronts and its just a tad lighter but not by much. if you look they are about the same thru the untinted front window on the sand.

Attachments

#8 ·
Thanks for the reply. That looks great, nearly identical.

#9 ·
Update for anyone that may be interested.

Finally got myself an EOC sticker, now proudly wearing on the rear window. I also installed foglights the other day, glad I finally got that done! Have a few new toys too :D. Texsport "The Lodge" tent for the Element, and new racks for my 2 new kayaks! Warm weather can't come quick enough.

Attachments

#10 ·
You and member Pintail should talk.

pintail
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2007 4WD LX AT
Atomic Blue Metallic (ABM)

Howdy
Hi, I'm pintail, a new member from Maine interested in anything concerning kayak racks.

Pintail

Looking good, sure glad I live in a warmer climate tho...:)

#11 ·
Thanks, and i am jealous of your warm weather. I will post in his thread, thanks for the heads up.

#12 ·
Got myself a Ridgeline key today, $45 after cutting. Very happy with it, much more convenient. Hopefully going to get around to the passenger door lock this weekend.

Attachments

#14 ·
Thanks for the pic! I'm not entirely sure if I want to tint them, the law here is 70% light blocked on the front windows. I love the way that it looks but I'd rather not get nabbed for something like that.

On another note, I connected the two dome lights today. Quick and easy, thanks to the write up on here.

#15 ·
Here are some artsy-fartsy rainy day shots..

Attachments

#17 ·
No way! That was just test fitting to ease my excitement. Only got out the other day when it got into the mid 70s.

#18 · (Edited)
Had some time this weekend so I plasti-dipped my wheels. I used the gunmetal plasti-dip with a light coat of the metalizer. I bought 6 cans online from home depot (for the price of 4 elsewhere) because I read that some people used 3-4 cans for a set of wheels. I used only 2 cans with 8 coats on each wheel. They are slightly more blue-ish in real life.

Also, a tip for anyone using plasti-dip on wheels. I took a bit of clear nail polish to lay down a small section that peeled up when I pulled the index cards out. The nail polish seemed to melt the plasti-dip a little, and it stuck right to the wheel nicely.

Attachments

#19 ·
I wish I would have read this thread about the % for the window tint! I put 20% on mine and it is a lil to light. ...

#20 ·
Looks good.

I like the blue-ish tint, much better the the matte black everyone else does.

#21 ·
Thank you! I didn't really like the tint at first, but it does seem to be really growing on me. I've done the black wheel thing before- and it turns out that I'm not a huge fan of it.

#22 ·
Leds came in on Friday..they're fantastic and I don't think I'll ever go back. Also had some time today to do a nice spring cleaning and detailing. Pulled up the interior plastics behind the front seats and was greeted by a bunch of old dog food from the previous owner, nasty!

Attachments

#23 · (Edited)
Woohoo! Finally got around to installing the passenger side door lock. Now it's how it should have come from the factory! :roll: As you can see on my door, I finished right as the rain started!

Also found a spot to mount the on/off toggle switch for my remote start, now it isn't dangling at my feet, and I don't kick it everytime I shift!

Upgraded my bluetooth to Kinivio BTC450, and I'm using an "iMagnet" for my phone mount now.

Attachments

#24 ·
cargo net headliner

This is something I thought of a couple weeks ago, I looked here on the forum but couldn't find if it had been done, surprisingly enough. So, I found a cargo net that was somewhat appropriately sized for the attachment points I was going to use. I sewed up some straps (car seat hooks didn't really need them, it just makes it easier to unhook) to attach the net hooks with. Pretty easy mod to do and will be very helpful when camping (can put pillows and blankets up there, hang wet clothes). I would like to think of a way to stiffen it up, as anything up there while driving bounces up and down quite a bit. It does make sitting in the back seats uncomfortable, but it can be unhooked from the front and middle quite easily.

Attachments

#25 ·
Good Idea!!
I could use that for my fishing poles!!

#26 ·
It is a great spot for poles! I keep mine on the passenger side, and it is a nuisance though for anyone around 6'.

Yesterday I mounted these driving lights behind my upper grille. They throw off some serious light. I mounted them on the radiator support by drilling 2 holes and adding some nylon spacers in between that and the mount on the light. They do get pretty hot, so I'm curious how the plastic grille will hold up over time. Wired them up today, but I need to go back when I have time so that they don't receive constant power and figure out where I want to mount the switch. A good $30 spent!

Attachments

#28 ·
Thanks Darth- your ride is one of the baddest around, I love it! The element really is such a great vehicle. I've only had mine for almost a year, but I still dread having to figure out what's next!

Thule rack is in the mail! Didn't intend on getting one, but I was given 2 Thule bike racks, so I went for it! Hurts the wallet though..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.