Honda Element Owners Club banner

07 SC Spoiler/Air Deflector on an 05 EX?

4K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Darth Raider 
#1 · (Edited)
Can I install an 07' SC Rear Spoiler on an 05' EX?

I found its cheaper to find an SC Spoiler painted and then repaint it than it is to buy a spoiler in E's paint color YR539P.

Does it matter that the bolt holes don't match since you are drilling the new holes anyway?

Does anybody know where I can find a spoiler cheaper than $250 besides EBY?

See less See more
#2 ·
eBay is the cheapest. The 07/08 sc is the same hatch as 03-08 ex/lx. What holes don't match? If its OEM it will be the same if you had OEM.

#3 ·
Bolt holes.

My E has some bolt holes on the top where the spoiler should go but they are filled in and I remember reading the installation in the Honda PDF about drilling some holes. That is why I mentioned that. I'll let you know how it turns out once it gets here.

#4 ·
those might have been the holes for the regular lip... maybe they line up different

#5 ·
Uhhh, Oops. I just submitted a best offer on a Spoiler. He had it listed at $139.99 with $30 shipping. I put in a best offer of $99. And it got accepted. Only problem, I really dont want it... and Its the blue RBP. My E is NBP.... Would a blue spoiler look funny on a blacked out Element? It sounds Ok in my head... :oops:

Anyone local wanna take it off my hands for $139?

NEW OEM 2008-2010 Honda Element Rear Spoiler Royal Blue Pearl 08F02-SCV-190

Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle door Vehicle

#16 ·
Uhhh, Oops. I just submitted a best offer on a Spoiler. He had it listed at $139.99 with $30 shipping. I put in a best offer of $99. And it got accepted. Only problem, I really dont want it... and Its the blue RBP. My E is NBP.... Would a blue spoiler look funny on a blacked out Element? It sounds Ok in my head... :oops:

Anyone local wanna take it off my hands for $139?

NEW OEM 2008-2010 Honda Element Rear Spoiler Royal Blue Pearl 08F02-SCV-190

View attachment 93474
Only because of that song 'BLUE ON BLACK'!!

#7 ·
Ha! Yeah, I kind of wish I had offered it at $100 flat. These have been on there a while and the guy probably just wants to ditch them now. Either way, I'll see how it looks as blue.... but I can see myself plasti-diping it black. I think the matte black of the dip will actually go with the black plastic trim on the roof and look ok.

And yes, all of these OEM models will fit any year element. I searched and plenty of photos proved it. Also, somepeople claimed a 10% better MPG with it on.... well atleast that's what the wifes were told.... :grin:

#9 ·
Ill take it if you can ship it to Vegas
Will pm you about it.

#18 ·
Hey, do you think I can/should paint it myself with the big can of Touch Up Paint in my cars color or should I have it sprayed at a shop? (I don't have a big enough Air compressor and guns.) Since its mixed single stage application?
IMO, I would definitely have it professionally done so that it looks like it came from the factory that way.

#13 ·
One rattle can paint job out of 1000 may have come out "well". I cant seem to view any pictures on that thread so I cant comment. Ive painted cars and parts so unless youve got a little experience dont waste the time and money. Rattle can paint is overly thinned out meaning the chances of flaking, cracking, peeling... are high. Its going to come down to the quality and longevity your after.

#14 ·
Your looking at only $100-200 to have just the spoiler painted that's not to much to have it done the right way. If you went with just gloss black that is the cheapest

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.