Honda Element Owners Club banner

Utility Trailer

8K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  SJordan72 
#1 ·
I picked up a Texas Bragg "Little Bragg" trailer today. Wow, what a fantastic trailer. Its a 4x8 with a wooden deck and a ramp. I had a different brand of trailer for several years which I purchased at a big box store. It was great for what it was but I didn't grasp the quality until I pulled this one today. I really does make a difference to have a quality trailer. It didnt make a single noise while pulling it empty where my old one would have been clanging at every pebble in the road. The E pulled it wonderfully. I will give it a good test this weekend with a dump run.

I hope the picture posts..

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Well, I loaded it up today with an old couch, xmas tree, and a pile of scrap wood from the back yard. (approx 600lbs not including trailer) Towing is definitely not high on the list of the Es capabilities. But it did do just fine. I would not venture to exceed the 1500lbs rating by much if at all. It will work just fine for picking up supplies or the occasional dump run, however, I don't think I would try one of those Travel Trailers.

#3 ·
I wonder if the Auto transmission has much to do with the feel of towing. I have never felt uneasy with my E towing larger loads. It was only stopping that caused any concern.

That is a nice looking trailer BTW. I have been looking for a new trailer for some time now. Just not quite sure what specs I want to go with. I could use both enclosed and open...

#6 ·
Cost of my trailer

I did a lot of Craigslist searching, but found only junk for top dollar. It finally just made sense to go to the local trailer depot (Superior Trailer) and buy new. I ended up paying $870, which is a little more then planned, but well worth it in the end. You can find a local dealer by going to the Texas Bragg website if that is what you are looking for.
Matt

#5 ·
I totally agree, a good trailer makes a huge difference. I tow dirt and street bikes, long distances too (last trip was 2200 miles). For local trips, a steel trailer with 12in wheels is just fine, but for long distance, I went with an aluminum trailer with 14 inch wheels. Much lighter, and easier to stay within payload limits. I like the Alumna trailers, and went with the 548. Only 330 lbs. They cost a bit more, the trailer and a nose box were $1500. Hard to find used, and not much cheaper than new.

Here are some pix

#9 ·
if it wasn't for the occasional squeaking from the connection, i wouldn't know it's back there.
Although there are downsides to this: a blob of automotive wheel bearing grease on the ball will quiet it.
now i just need to learn how to steer in reverse. :oops:
Go to an office parking lot on a Sunday when there are no cars and practice, practice, practice. Work on your skills before you need them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.