Honda Element Owners Club banner

New car, new Name!

903 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  CrazyCatLady 
#1 ·
Well hi! It's been quite a long time since I've found myself here. I posted infrequently several years ago after buying my first Element, but the process of buying a home, getting married, and starting a new career took over my life :razz: Couldn't find my old username, nor what email I used to register, so out with the old and hello new screen name!

My old Element (2003 EX Galapagos green) finally got to the point where the repairs were worth more than the car, so it was time to start shopping for a new to me E. We own 4 dogs and a handful of cats, so the E really is the perfect car for our family.

The only E I could find that I was even remotely interested in (looking for a 2007 or newer, less than 30k miles, less than $17k, and located in a state that doesn't get snow) was located 1,000 miles from me in South Carolina. After looking over the auto trader and carfax, I called the owner, and decided it would be worth my time to head down and check it out.

Boy was I relieved to get there and see an EOC sticker on the back window 8) Took it for a test drive, and BOY was it immaculate! Took care of the financing end of things (note to self: private party sales out of state are SUCH a hassle if you're financing) and I was on my way with my new KiwEEEE!

I'm hoping that now that life has calmed down, I'll be able to post regularly again. So glad to have an E to hopefully last me another 8-10 years!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome back! It's amazing how many folks here are on their second or third E (me),:twisted:tough to find anything that does the job like an Element.:)

#3 ·
Welcome back x2 ! And you already have an EOC sticker on your new E so you are all good to go :grin:

#4 ·
After we finished signing all the title paperwork and such, I had to follow my mom to the airport to return the rental car. I was hopelessly lost, and she kept saying "You're right in front of me, just look out your window" :shock: I was so confused, because I was nowhere near the airport.

Once I arrived, I understood her confusion (and of course had to steal a great photo opportunity)

My Kiwi is the one on the right

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.