Honda Element Owners Club banner

My New SC Tinker Toy :)

9K views 36 replies 12 participants last post by  wowcoolbro 
#1 ·
Hey guys.

First off, thanks for all the great DIY submissions on this forum. I've gotten a lot of great ideas looking at everyone's work.

I hated these cars when they first came out, but I've been watching my bud tinker with his Element since 2003 & have since fallen in love with them. This is my new 2007 SC. It's my tinker toy :)

Here's My 2007 SC with my bud's. I think his username might be Goonage on this forum.

See less See more
#29 ·
I finally finished the floor lighting. Wow, that was a lot of work.

I had installed white lighting before, but then decided the car would look better in red...actually, best in both ;)
I decided to get RGB lights and a remote to control the light color. I imagined this to be a simple light swap & module install. No dice. The RGB lights have 4 wires...black, red, green, & blue. The black wire is a positive ground, & the red, green & blue wires control the red, green, & blue colors.

In other words, none of my previous wiring was really going to work for me. I had to rip it all out & start fresh, only this time with double the wires to connect. The good news is, like most things it was easier & faster the second time around. I also made wiring improvements; everything is routed, connected & shielded beautifully; it's a particular pleasure to enjoy the lights knowing it's a quality install that will likely be hassle-free for the life of the car. It'll be a pleasure never to have to go in there again!

The controller I use to change the floor light color cost around $12 @ Superbrightleds. It has a variety of functions my kids will enjoy. I just got it so I can switch it to red when I'm cruising, & white when I drop my keys on the floor :)

#33 ·
Awesome job on all your Mods. Really nice finished look. I'm looking at adding LED light to a build I'm working on and am wondering if there is anything between the LED and the Switch besides adding power. Was looking at ordering some off Superbright and I found your LEDs and a MAC looking dimmer/power switch. Is it really as simple as adding a power source, LED, and Switch? No controllers or fuses? How many can you run off one switch? Thanks for help in advance. Gotta love the EOC.

#34 ·
Hello all! Thanks for checking out my posts! I REALLY enjoyed tinkering on my 2007 SC, and getting great ideas from this forum!

But it's time to sell her now. If you want to take a look, I've posted an ad on the forum here: http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102962

All the work I've detailed in this posting still looks and works as good as the day it was completed. I took care with all my tinkers, and they should last the life of the car. Kudos to whomever originally came up with the LED cup holder...you rock. You planted an evil seed in my brain, and I didn't stop until my whole interior was as awesome as my drink holder. ;)

#35 ·
Hey floyd,

Im loving the mods and will probably copy a few for my own ride. I see you are selling it now, I would like to come check it out before it disappears, unless it already has.

Let me know Im really close to you.

#37 ·
I purchased this Element from the Honda in Bellevue. Must have been a few months after you listed it...I'm betting. Did you end up trading it in yourself?

Anywho - before this purchase I can't say that I knew a damn thing about LED lighting. Honestly, this thing spawned an entirely new hobby. I became curious about the lighting in the E, and poked around a bit. I've always been an amateur gear-head and wood worker of sorts, but not electrical.

ALOT of researching and playing around later, and I've ran myself through a crash course in amateur electrical engineering. My apartment is strewn with LEDs at this point...at least 5% of which are tasteful. :)

I've owned your E for about 4 months now. maybe 5. I've never been so happy to own a quality hunk of metal that I can work on, beat up, relax in, go camping, drive just for fun again, etc. I've got dozens of hours into that thing...literally blood, sweat, and tears (of proudness) have gone into that thing.

Only 1 downside: It's been broken into in Seattle twice now. *sigh*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.