Honda Element Owners Club banner

Harbor Freight Alum Cargo Carrier on sale!

15K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  imanalien 
#1 ·
#3 ·
In store sale... paper ad for this week has em at $59. Just pick the ad up when you walk in, 2nd or 3rd page in the circular is the coupon.

Just posted the link so others could see what it looks like...

#4 ·
I have had it for about 1 1/2 years or more works great, light,no rust, but the tube is loose in the hitch (not much but makes noise)so I cut a plastic laundry soap jug to make 2 shims, one on the side 1 on the top or bottom . no more noise, ( I use the same shims for my camper to keep the clunk quite when turning or stoping,starting.)

#5 ·
You can get a clamp for that at any trailer supply shop for like $10-$15

#9 · (Edited)
I just got the flyer today and if you look closer, the price on the ALUMINUM one is $79. They have a picture of the aluminum version with the $59 price for the steel version underneath it and the aluminum price at $79 below that. It's easy to look at the ad and think that the aluminum version is $59. I checked in at the store just in case and they don't have any coupons for it, just the $79 price.

#15 ·
I'm missing something. You keep saying $59 but your linked ads all say $79. There's a link to a 20% off coupon but it isn't valid for sale merchandise. The local Harbor Freight store says they aren't going to get any more of them in, and the website says that they're back ordered even at the higher price. Its now past the 20th and although I've been watching every ad I could lay my hands on AND asking at the store so many times that they see me coming in the door now and shake their heads before I can even ask, I've found not ONE piece of evidence that this carrier can be had for $59 (which would've been quite a bargain).

#18 ·
I got one last Friday 6-18-10 at the local HF store for $59.99.
After I had seen this discussion, I downloaded a coupon from the new HF website for purchase at the $59.99 amount. I printed it and took it to the store. The cashier scanned it and I paid her. With TN state sales tax, total was $65.54.
I recall seeing something about a "Father's Day Sale" or some such and that the coupon expired 6-21-10.
It took about an hour and a half to put it together. LOTS of little phillips head bolts with nylok nuts hold most of the "basket" together. Arthritic hands don't make for speedy assembly on this job.
The drawbar component that fits into the 2" receiver is steel. Except for the hardware and plastic corners and reflectors, the structure is assembled from flat and extruded aluminum, riveted and bolted together.
Here are some pics of the carrier off and on my E:

Cheers!
John

Attachments

#23 ·
In this instance you are correct... looked at it closer. I can tell you it was for sale at $59.99... why? Because that is what I bought it for in June with one of their flyer coupons. No special ringing, no manager involved. Scan the item, scan the coupon that said $59.99... paid for it.

In fact I wanted to get for $54.99 but the coupon for that (it came out of one the NRA's magazines expired), so I jumped on the $59.99 when I saw it.

Keep watching... it will come up again.

#25 ·
But alas... The coupon may not be used on sale merchandise and the $79 price is already marked down 20%. There's no additional markdown.

Trust me, I've been taking every offering found on here to the local Harbor Freight store and every one has turned out to be myth or bunk. It apparently WAS for sale at $59 some places but it wasn't on sale here nor any place I've been able to check online - including all of the "helpful" links being posted. The sale is over now and frankly, I'm steamed. I have two steel platforms but they're both too big and heavy for the E's fragile rear end.

#26 ·
I hear you on the steel... I have a very nice steel that will fold when not in use but it was too heavy in and of itself. When you added anything it really hunkered the rear down and the front up.

From what you are saying I am glad it was on sale here when I purchased it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.