Honda Element Owners Club banner

Perpetual price thread

429K views 2K replies 1K participants last post by  extra 
#1 ·
If you have recently bought an Element or received a price quote please post it here.
For the sake of comparison post the price of the Element w/transmission type and trim level BEFORE tax, destination charge, options, etc. If you wish you can also post the price of options and paper work fees.

Thank you

#1,541 ·
2007 LX FWD Automatic

Only 22K Miles (Woo Hoo!!!)

$14,500 (third party)

It's been keyed on the passenger side door and a scratch in the back. One very, very small dent on the rear beam (like someone banged their head against it).

And the Tachometer doesn't work. Just kind of dangles down. Otherwise, all the other gauges seem to work fine.

#1,552 ·
Here's my ladies--Lola (in grey) and Ting (in heels). I was cutting/fitting window shades for Lola that day, and as you can see, it was going well.
I know this is an older post, but I just saw it, what an awesome photograph, and two beautiful subjects. Nice!

I think that is my favorite E color. Lola. :)

#1,543 · (Edited by Moderator)
Buying in FL

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda element Honda

Once we decided on the Element, and test drove one with the dealer, we found out that supply of new vehicles was nearly non-existent. The local dealer still has not called me back or worked to get his hands on one for us. Two other dealers (Lakeland and Palm Bay) did, but explained the supply problem in FL. We wanted an EX, but found out there are only two new ones in the whole state. Less than 30 of either the EX or LX are for sale in FL. At the last minute we found a 2010 SC at a local Ford dealer with 16K miles for under $21K. Sold.

#1,544 ·
I bought a 2011 EX 2WD Polished Metallic in Virginia for $23,800 out the door including tax, title and tags. Registered the car in Atlanta. Got $50 back from the dealership and a sizable 'rebate' because I paid part of the down payment with a credit card since my bank doesn't issue cashier's checks and instead gave me a check made out in my name (the dealership doesn't take 3rd party checks). I'm guessing the final bill came closer to $23,700. I got a 2.75% interest rate from my bank. Put $12,000 down.

I have to admit, it was hard to find an element, and definitely hard to find one in my neck of the woods for less than what I paid. I was originally offering $23,000 but had to up my offer to $23,500 since NOBODY accepted my offer. I eventually settled on $23,800.

Could have been better, perhaps, but also definitely could have been worse. Glad to be an E owner!

#1,545 ·
I've regretted trading in my new 07 E in 08 the day I drove off the lot in another car. Researching prices, can't decide on new or used. Huge bummer that the 4wd EX's no longer have sunroofs in 09+. Any other major differences besides appearance?

#1,546 · (Edited)
The overhead console is bigger. The fenders are metal, not plastic. The sunroof
as you pointed out is the biggest difference. The interior is a light tan, Titanium
Fabric, and a light grey. The manual tranny is only on the 09 EX AWD, and there
are no manuals for 11 and a few RARE manuals on the 10s. You can also get a
Honda Navi in all 09+ Es, but only with the auto tranny. You can get an SC still,
but only an 09 or 10. No SC for 2011. Im sure there are few more, but those
are the major ones off the top of my head.

#1,549 ·
just picked up my first E.

still haven't sold my other vehicle yet but I'm already in love with the element and confident it will fit my needs.

2005 EX AWD 4AT. 94K miles

$13,300 out the door 100% financed 3.99% interest rate.

Asking price was $14,999

looking through this thread, Elements seem to really hold their value here in the northwest. I looked at 5 different cars before I bought this one. asking prices seem to range between 14,8 and 16,5 for 05-06 elements. Huge jump in price when you get into an 07 or newer. However 2wd models seem to be getting blown out for around 11K

#1,554 ·
Yes, the engineering on the seats and the amount of room for hauling is remarkable. I moved twice since I bought mine and have a full size van, used the Element for all but the really big stuff. And the van is a Ford passenger van, taking the seats out requires herculean efforts, the rear seat weighs over 120 lbs. Very inconvenient and they are huge, storing them is a problem.

On the road, a little noisy, and subject to strong crosswinds, like any flat sided vehicle, otherwise, very comfortable and the van drives like a boat, the Honda runs like it is on rails... I imagine some floor mats that absorbed sound would help with the road noise, but I just turn the stereo up a bit. I don't have any mats in mine.

This post has been deleted
#1,559 ·
Just closed on a heckuva deal (I think so, at least).

2008 EX AWD, Tange Red Pearl with 44k miles. Full maintenance records and new tires at 40k. Body, interior, and cladding look close to perfect $14,591 plus TTL. Looks and drives great!

I have a seven day offer from Carmax for $13k for my original 08 EX AWD with 60k miles. Body, interior, and cladding are a little "worn". I don't know whether I want to accept Carmax's $13k and be over with it, or try to sell it and get a little more.

Currently a two Element family, at least for a short period of time. :)

JB

#1,560 ·
I am not quite sure where this deal makes sense, since you are trading in an almost identical E with just a few more miles, for $1.5K plus tax and lic...??? Surprise me...

#1,569 ·
$7500 for a 2004 EX AWD MT SOP. 108k miles. Minor scuffs on the exterior, before I got it, I knew it needed what I thought was a new tensioner pulley. However, I ended up replacing just about everything along that belt line- water pump, alternator, tensioner pulley. Also needed compliance bushings, rear sway bar end links and bushings. After all that work, I kinda think I paid too much.