Honda Element Owners Club banner

passenger door window seal

4K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  babock 
#1 ·
Hello,

My friends dog ate part of the passenger door window seal. Has anyone replaced it or can you direct me to a place where i could get instructions on replacing it.

thanks,

#4 · (Edited)
Special Tools Required
KTC trim tool set SOJATP2014

NOTE:
Put on gloves to protect your hands.
Take care not to scratch the door.
Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when prying components.

1. Remove the power/manual mirror.

2. Starting at the rear, pry the door glass outer weatherstrip (A) up to detach the clips, and release the weatherstrip from the glass run channel (B), then remove the weatherstrip.

3. Install the weatherstrip in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:
  • Replace any damaged clips.
  • Push the clips into place securely.

#9 ·
unlike you, i'm more than happy to actually help fellow members
by posting anything they need.

AllData DIY is also a great option, it's normally $24.95 per year
for one vehicle but if you search Google you can always find coupon
codes and save $5-$10 off that. i got my subscription for $16.95

so far it has everything in the factory Honda manual plus part
numbers, labor times, TSB's, and recalls.

https://www.alldatadiy.com

#10 ·
> unlike you, i'm more than happy to actually help fellow members...

Yeah, I really should start helping members. Thanks for the idea.

And thank you for buying a commercial product and then giving it away to all, so no one else needs to buy it. In the future I'll just refer every questioner to you.

#12 ·
It is not sleazy, it is perfectly lawful. Posting portions of educational material without financial gain falls under the umbrella of 'Fair Use.' If someone were to post the complete Helm's manual in PDF, that's copyright infringement, but posting sections of it along with discussion on the repairs is perfectly legit.

#14 ·
Alldata's legal info is meaningless, copyright law is the law.

http://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/fair-use/four-factors/

There are 4 factors to fair use
1: Purpose
'Purposes such as scholarship, research, or education may also qualify as transformative uses because the work is the subject of review or commentary.'
2: Nature
'Because the dissemination of facts or information benefits the public, you have more leeway to copy from factual works such as biographies than you do from fictional works such as plays or novels.'
3: Amount
'The less you take, the more likely that your copying will be excused as a fair use. However, even if you take a small portion of a work, your copying will not be a fair use if the portion taken is the “heart” of the work.'
4: Market
The material isn't being sold, or reproduced in its entirety thus not depriving the copyright holder of financial gain.

Posting a few pages of 2500+ of factual information for the purpose of education that is not being sold is lawful.

#15 · (Edited)
https://kb.iu.edu/d/arit

Current copyright law protects nearly all text, images, audio-visual recordings, and other materials, even if the original works do not include any statement about copyright. Copying and posting copyrighted works online, even for instructional purposes, may violate the legal rights of copyright owners.
My GF works for a major University. She has gone through so many of these exact same issues. The University has been sued on many occasions for using copyrighted works for "education" without getting permission form the legal owner.

I will send the link to this page to AllData and see what they say.

EDIT: Sent an email to them. Will see what they say.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.