Honda Element Owners Club banner

Miss Daisy

52K views 237 replies 36 participants last post by  Jst2878 
#1 ·
I did a few things to my E formerly known as White Chocolate. Her new name is Miss Daisy(I drive really sLow now.) I suppose this will be my dedicated thread for her. She will slowly progress. This is just version 1.0. :)

Attachments

See less See more
#173 ·
Notched front

In preparation for the photo/video shoot, I took a road trip up to Tampa with my girl today and had the front notched and abs lines relocated. Here are some pics of before and after. Total drop is about 1". I can still thread the Airrex struts down even further.

Attachments

#181 ·
I had a short time frame in which to get this done so we just did the front. For my rears, I did a minor notch for the camber arms when I first lowered MD on coilovers. I have a feeling the rear won't go lower without some major work. I think my wheel wells are sitting on the tires, but I could be wrong.

Honestly, yes. But I think you know how I feel. IMO Air ride should allow you to drive low and park it on the ground. I kinda gave up on trying to get my E as low as possible. Not only is it very difficult but even if you removed the gas tank bar and had the frame laying on the ground I don't think it would be low enough for me. The E just wasn't meant to be slammed like that. After I recently cracked the barrel on my DPE's I just raised my E up higher than she has ever been since I put my coils on. The roads in my town are the worst and it just isn't worth it. My E looked great but was practically useless when it was dumped and I need to be able to use it when I need it. More power to you though, I encourage you to keep lowering the bar. 8)
I don't know if the front will go lower. The CV axles are right below the chassis.

#182 ·
Happy Munday!

I hope you enjoy this new video as much as I did. I want to thank my friend Marcus over at Five-0 Films for everything. We welcome any and all comments:) Thankyou!

#209 ·
#194 ·
Do it!

Freaking sick..let me know whenever you decide to sell your head lights!
Thanks!...and I will let you know about the headlights...

"Miss Daisy" is the beautiful end result of a well planned dream. I remember when Rich first put air suspension in the "HOT BOX" which was is 2007 SC and it was a 100% bad experience for him. The average person would have given up on on the idea, and maybe the entire Element thing. But not Rich, it only made him more determined to prove to himself first, and then to everyone else, that an Element is a serious build platform. "Miss Daisy" is certainly the highest form of vendication that an Element enthusiast like Rich could possibly want. Congratulations my friend on a job beautifully done!!!
Chief you are too kind! Although, Miss Daisy is not finished yet, she is definitely shaping up to my vision of what a tuner E should look like. Thankyou for the kind words as it means a lot coming from the man who created Darth Raider!

A real sweet ride and great attention to detail. Like the "Elemental" sticker location.
Thankyou!

#192 ·
"Miss Daisy" is the beautiful end result of a well planned dream. I remember when Rich first put air suspension in the "HOT BOX" which was is 2007 SC and it was a 100% bad experience for him. The average person would have given up on on the idea, and maybe the entire Element thing. But not Rich, it only made him more determined to prove to himself first, and then to everyone else, that an Element is a serious build platform. "Miss Daisy" is certainly the highest form of vendication that an Element enthusiast like Rich could possibly want. Congratulations my friend on a job beautifully done!!!

#196 ·
So, the facebook group page for Import Alliance just posted up a nice screen shot collage of this youtube video. People are flipping their sh!t hahah. I set them straight and linked to your video, Rich.

I got your back there also posted with a link to elemental motorsports website.

#198 ·
After car wash of course comes the rain...never fails.

I've been busy with work lately, but today I had the day off so I spent the day washing and claybaring MD. I didn't get a chance to do the cleaner wax...that will have to wait until next week. It had been so long since I washed her that I had so many impurities in the paint. I guess it didn't help that I park under a tree...but it's a curb spot, so I guess it's a tradeoff?:|

Pretty soon on the list is exhaust(magnaflow) and interior. I'm going to do either powdercoated gloss black or bronze tip. I haven't decided if I'm gonna do leather or vinyl seats. Thoughts? Opinions?

Attachments

#200 ·
Nick,
I originally wanted to do leather...but the upholstery guy started giving me options to save money. He also stated vinyl is more durable and won't fade as much...less maintenance over time. He said you can hardly feel the difference compared to leather, but it was hard for me to judge b/c when you're feeling samples...I think your mind is deceived bc you feel the backside of the leather/vinyl at the same time you are feeling the actual leather or vinyl. Does that make sense? I wanted to sit in a leather seat and then compare it to a vinyl seat...touching just the top surface. I suppose on my next day off I will go to a leather shop and look at the different options I have.

#201 ·
I get what yer saying 100%!! I want leather after sitting In Chief's Raider. However I'm a realist with count em....not 1!! But 2 rug rats so that plan is on hold until they are older. Doesn't help that this is my daily driver either, I didn't really get the mod bug until after I sold my Integra. Is ld love to get a beater to drive back and forth to work and around town to keep A&W a lil cleaner but it is what it is. Cost also has huge factor, if you can ultimately achieve what you want at a fraction if the price then it's a no brainer.

#202 ·
Awesome picture ! One of the very nicest Elements, period.
I personally have never been a fan of leather but on the other hand when it is done nicely it really does give off that 'classy' feel to an interior.

#205 ·
Those seats look awesome Chief! I'm going to go to the upholstery shop this week to look at leather samples. Did you do your headliner also? I'm going to do pillars and headliner in suede

#207 ·
So I had my Magnaflow muffler and powdercoated tip installed the other day. I left the resonator in and there is barely any sound. They said it would get a little louder in about a week depending on how much I drive. I wanted a little sound, but not much. We'll see what happens in a week. I was expecting 50hp increase, but no such luck:roll: Guess I'll have to supercharge8)

Attachments

#210 ·
A few new things to MD...I had the license plate area wrapped in Gloss Black 2 weeks ago. The rear end matches the front grille now. Also, while I was there, I asked about blacking out the rear pillar. He sent me this photoshop. I don't think I'm going to do it.

Attachments

#211 ·
I dropped my car off this past Tuesday and picked it up on Thursday. Here is my new interior. I went with red leather with square stitching inserts. I thought about diamond pattern, but I thought I'd do something different....after all, the car is square...why not do square? I tried to match the factory Honda red trim pieces on the steering wheel and shifter. I also did the headliner and pillars in grey perforated suede. I'm so happy with the way it came out...the leather is so soft and it smells oh so good. I don't even want to roll my windows down to keep in the smell lol

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.