Honda Element Owners Club banner

Question: 2011 DRL Led's

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  99accord boi 
#1 ·
Has anyone found a company that has a plug and play with no resistors (Glowing fire hazards) in the engine bay. Im looking to replace the stock drl bulbs (9005) with some led's but they either require some resistors does anyone know of any de-coders or whatever to bypass this problem and get them to basically plug them in to the stock harnesses. I don't want to burn out my H.I.D's so fast because I hate rolling around with the dull yellowish drls
thanks anyone who can help guide me in right direction or has done it I have a 2011 Lx if that matters

#2 ·
You're out of luck. Those resistors are what keep your E from complaining that you don't have real bulbs in there. If you did find a bulb that didn't require external resistors, it would be because it has them built in. You can't avoid the resistor, just embrace them and be happy :p

#3 ·
#4 · (Edited)
I had an LED in my DRL but I noticed sometimes it would flicker.

a resister is not what is needed for DRL. you need a relay to be wired in

a direct 12v feed that is only switched by your original drl plug. DRL plug is only pushing 5.7v and depending on the led itself... (I tried 4 diff units) 3 would not even light up and the 4th seemed to work fine but under certain conditions that 5.7v must drop slightly and dip under the led power needs.

I have 20 watt LEDs in my DRL atm in amber. they match the blinker pretty well.

#7 ·
can anyone post pics of what theres look like or links of any i could research to buy
I've been running LEDs in my DRL for about 6 months now. I haven't had any problems yet. I'm pretty sure this is what I used:

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/9005-LED-Daytime-Running-Light-For-Acura-Honda-p/led_sku45_r2.htm

Jazzy007's thread gave me the idea...and it really does turn heads8)

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68208&highlight=led+drl

Good Luck!!

#8 ·
i know im new but just to make this sound simpler
all we have to do is plug the pig tail with the load resistor on the passenger side and then power both drls from the drivers side?
reason im askin is because i have a bunch of spare load resistors and headlight pigtails
and all i would have to do is make a spliter for the drivers side wiring

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.