Honda Element Owners Club banner

Mobile 1 vs. Valvoline synthetic oil?

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Haulin' Honda 
#1 ·
So, I just bought a used 2006 Element with 52k miles on it. The guy I bought it from has been putting Mobile 1 oil in it the whole time past the "break in" period. I am just wondering if there is much difference between Mobile 1 and Valvoline's full synthetic oil? In my town, there isn't a quick place to get an oil change with Mobile 1, but there is a Valvoline quick lube. Should I stick with the Mobile 1 and just deal with the "non-quick" lube?

#6 ·
the important thing is to change the oil at reasonable intervals. heard the story the other day about an RDX that got its first oil change on schedule but didn't see the next 'til about 42K miles. by that time the turbo was toast, almost literally.

#7 ·
I think it's like splitting hairs. I used to deliver pizzas for a living back in the '90's, and I never changed my oil on my 1986 Nissan Pickup truck. That engine was a tank. I was stupid too. Anyway, I am thinking that it doesn't matter too much on what oil you use as much as how often you change it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.