Honda Element Owners Club banner

Help with erratic idling

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MikeQBF 
#1 ·
Well, after putting a new OEM starter in I was happy that my car starts easily now. But now after it was running for a little bit, the CEL came on, and the idle is all over the place, fast, up to 2K. Took it to my local mechanic, he scanned it and found code P0507, and P2279, he said that they were vacuum leak, and high idle. He was not sure if the Honda had other codes for these or if these description for the codes was correct. He double checked everything, could not find a vacuum leak, I checked everything over, and no leak. I put a new intake gasket in when I had it off, put new clamps on the hoses, there are no cracks, etc on the hoses. What do I look for now????My Element is an 03 AWD EX with automatic. Thanks for your help in advance.

#2 ·
One thing is make sure the idle control valve is plugged in good or not sticking. Try some throttle body cleaner in it to see if it got something stuck in it. If it gets stuck open it will cause a lean condition and high idle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.