Honda Element Owners Club banner

Custom Exhaust

5K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Audiophyle 
#1 ·
Finally got around to making my exaust for my 06 element I picked up last month. Not the V8 growl I'm used to but I like. 2.25 cat back single dual.

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks guys, it's not crazy loud but not stock. I am not the biggest four banger fan as I said I am typically a v8 guy but I like this little rig for saving gas.Took it on a 300+ mile trip and it has broken in nicely. Decent amount of drone in the beginning but now it's pretty good. This is what I do for a living so having a stock system on it wasn't cutting it! Between the CAI and now the exhaust it sounds nice. I'll get some video of it shortly.

#7 ·
So being an exhaust guy, let me ask you a couple questions after working on your own Element.

My Element has a turbocharger in its future, after running your 2.25" piping, how possible do you think it is to get a 3" pipe to fit through there? Ive been thinking Id just dump the exhaust in front of the rear axle under the pass rear door, but I recently installed step bars & they look to be in the way of that idea. Your setup has me thinking maybe a 3" in / dual 2.5" out muffler might be the easiest option.

#11 ·
Yeah, it looks tight but I have only been able to really "eyeball it". I think if I do get it to fit I probably wont be able to ever lower the Element either. lol

I may be mistaken, but I thought his split after passing through the rear suspension which wouldnt work for my goal. Ill have to search for it again.

#12 ·
crap i just checked my pm's and somehow my email from him got deleted. i had more detailed photos of it. but yes his setup splits in the rear of the car but has equal length pipes. but if you go turbo your probably going to be going with a full custom setup anyway.

#13 ·
My "problem" is getting a large enough exhaust pipe through the rear suspension without creating a bottleneck, and by splitting it ahead of the rear differential like Jimmah did, I could run two smaller pipes through instead of one large pipe, making life easier. lol

Jimmah, the system looks great & I thank you for the idea.

#14 ·
no problem buddy, I probably wouldn't run more than 2.5 like i did for ground clearance issues. i tried to come up with something different and i plan on putting a hitch on it so i didnt want to interfere with that. Now i need to figure out how to make my rooted nook into my stereo.

#15 ·
Now i need to figure out how to make my rooted nook into my stereo.
& that's MY specialty...
Start a thread in the audio section & explain exactly what your goal is & Im sure several on here can answer all of your questions.

#20 ·
Audio-
3" will fit, and you can lower the car... there is plenty of vertical clearance above the rear axles to get 3" over. With that said, you can split it before and make it work as well, while getting more flow out of it at the same time. 2-2.5 inch pipes outflows a 4". I split it before the axle more to quiet the system down though.

Addtitionally, you can't lower the 4wd models low at all, or you will have issues with the axles pulling out of the rear differential. There are a few members on here that toasted the rear end this way. It doesn't happen instantly, but it strips the splines on the outer edge of the diff and axles because that is all that is making contact. When I decide to go lower, i will be getting driveshaft shop to make me a set that is longer and with the porsche style cv joints.

I have experience with most of your questions, so feel free to ask.:-D

#21 ·
how does that intercooler work? never seen anythign like that before, its not watercooled is it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.