Honda Element Owners Club banner

Woob Woob Woob sound that varies with rpm

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  sloweddie 
#1 ·
So I had this obnoxious sound eminating from my 2008 EX lately that sounds like a woob woob woob sound coming from the rear of the car ...it varies with RPM .I thought it might be REAR brake pads on the way out or a bad rotor ...my uncle a 40 year Catapillar - heavy equipment mechanic said nope thats a FRONT wheel bearing gone after riding in it .....so I pulled the front wheels and nothing looks bad, rotor runout looked good, no pads dragging etc, no bearing play...then I notice my front tires are really worn down and the wear indicators are almost to the surface - I had no clue they had worn so fast - because rear tires look at about 60 % tread left ....so I decide to rotate front to backs....all 4 tires...we get on the road and guess what ,,,,,,the sound appears totally gone...so it is the wear indicators these last 2 weeks making that racket ....

So I will be going to Discount Tire soon (great service from them) for my upgrade to 225 75 16 to fill my wheel wells up better ...Im going with Michellins as I have had great luck with them on my 4WD CRV and it made that vehicle ride totally different - firmly planted on the road etc............ anybody got a coupon for me ??????

#3 ·
Ill take it lol....

#5 ·
Good to know.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.