Honda Element Owners Club banner

Need help with OEM Honda Trailer Wire Harness

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  KoolBlue 
#1 · (Edited)
#1 Has anyone here installed the OEM Honda Trailer Wire Harness? #2 If so, have anyone had trouble with no brake or turn signal lights after the installation? I have checked and rechecked all connections, schematics, and even tested the circuits. It seems I have tracked the problem the the trailer unit which converts the vehicles turn signals and brake wiring into the 4 pin standard. When I circuit tested the wires going into the unit they were good but I get no signal for the green and yellow wires coming out of the trailer unit. I do have running lights (brown wire) but they bypass the trailer unit as a whole with an inline fuse connected to it. I had Honda send me a replacement trailer unit and it had the same problem. I feel like I am taking crazy pills. Has anyone else had this problem? I bought Honda because it should be plug and play. Apparently this is not the case. Any help would be great. Thanks.

By the way, I have a 2005.

#2 ·
... have anyone had trouble with no brake or turn signal lights after the installation? .... I do have running lights (brown wire)... .
tiki..... I had a dealer install my harness last summer, and had the same problem. check your underhood fuse box. there are two fuses there, #2 and #7, that become part of the trailer lighting system after the harness is installed. that's where my problem was. I had blown the fuse with a faulty 4/7 adapter. no problems since.

btw, while you're working on it, I suggest you get a mountable fuse holder, drill a small hole, and mount that in-line fuse into the rear right-side trim panel. that way, if it does ever blow you won't have to disassemble the car to check or replace it.

good luck!

#3 ·
Similar problem

I have a 2008 and have just installed the OEM factory harness. I have running lights. I have brake lights. I am not getting any turn signals...:?

I've checked all the connections and fuses both on the new harness and the under hood #2, #7). All are fine. I do have a LED flasher, but don't know if that would make any difference or not.

Anyone have any ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.