Honda Element Owners Club banner

Shoreline Mist Paint Color

7K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  drphun 
#1 ·
We're about 2 days away from ordering our new E and we're almost 100% sure that we want the green. I initially went through the colors on the official honda web site and narrowed it down between the green and black. However, yeaterday when driving around, i saw a tan colored E that looked nothing like the paint job showed in the picture on the honda.com web page. It looked a lot darker, and more deep tan than off white. The one on the website looks a little to light, but the one i saw looked pretty nice. I don't know if they changed the paint on the 04s and that was the older 03 paint, but it made think twice about the green. Could have been the lighting or something also, i didn't spend a whole lot of time staring at it, but it did look dramatically darker than that on the web page.

this is probably a stupid question, but if anyone's got a shoreline mist paint job and knows if the color's just wrong on the web page or if it's an outdated color (or maybe custom paint :? ).

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Shoreline Mist is about the same value as the Silver Metallic, but warmer. No change in SMM from 2003 to 2004. I personally think it's the best color with the composite panels...but everybody has a different opinion about color. Printed and on-line images are notoriously bad reproductions of the real color. The paint color in the picture you posted looks light and composite panels look dark.

#4 ·
[quote:f538d01b7a=" "]
[this is probably a stupid question, but if anyone's got a shoreline mist paint job and knows if the color's just wrong on the web page or if it's an outdated color (or maybe custom paint :? ).
[/quote:f538d01b7a]

The color is just wrong on the web site. SMM is "dark silver" with a grey interior and there is also a "light silver" with a blue interior. On the web site, the "dark silver" looks lighter than the "light silver."

The dealer had to help me with this. My first choice was green, and the second choice was SMM. When the dealer called and told me they couldn't get green right away, but SMM was available. I looked at the web site and was confused because I had remembered it as being darker.

Good luck,

#5 ·
The green and SMM are the two colors I narrowed to before buying. I went with the green mostly because, after several cars with black interior, I was ready for something different. The SMM is a beautiful color, warmer version of the silver, as posted earlier.

One mention: Any of the "E" colors with metallic in the mix will change slightly in different lighting situations.

#6 ·
My wife and I agonized over the color options. We both figured black would be it and then decided, after having had black vehicles previously, it would be too hard to keep clean. The Shoreline, in both of our opinions, has the best match to the EX plastic panels. The two seem to really harmonize and you see a hint of gold in the panels not apparent with the other colors. We decided the SOP would be fun and went that route, but I still think Shoreline may be the best color.

We're talking tastes here (I picked Ginger over Mary Ann in the polls - what do I know), so whatever you like is what you should get. My preference and those of others should mean little. May I suggest you view the colors being considered in bright sunlight, cloudy - even night time (under lights) and be aware of the different looks. We took the time and are glad we did.

PS

It never ceases to amaze how much dust shows up on the SOP - it may as well be black!

Jim

#7 ·
yeah, i saw another shoreline mist today and i'm starting to like it more than the green. we stopped at the dealer's today and they didn't have any on the lot. however we'll be in manchester, vt tomorrow and i'm about to search for honda dealers in that area...maybe we'll stop and check it out in person. i'm leaning toward the shoreline. It's mainly a draw between that and the green, but i think that it does look a little better with the panels above the tires. That and we know a couple people with elements, both with greens, so i'd like to mix it up a bit.

should be ordering saturday, so hopefully we'll find a SMM to look at at some dealer so we can have a better feel for what color we want.

#9 ·
We decided on the SSM based on the looks of it with the composite panels, the interior colors as well as the fact that we're less likely to get sick of a more neutral color than the green. That probably wouldn't happen (can't imagine getting sick of anything about the E) but doesn't bother me. I'm liking the SSM color more and more. we've seen a couple on the streets and want to get a closer look just to be 100% sure. our dealer doens't have one, but there's one about half an hour down the highway that has one, so we'll most likely visit them.

we stopped at a dealer in saratoga, ny today to check and see if they had any SSM models on the lot since we were in the area. They had 3 including the one in the showroom. Very surprised to hear that they have only sold 8 elements (03s and 04s). Really surprised to hear that. Their lot was full of odysseys though (about 15 + i'd guess) they were everywhere for a smaller dealership.

so saturday, we're going and ordering for pick up in mid to late june. just in time for summer...if my mom doesn't take it all the time :( but then again, it's her car. i'm the only one who really likes it though. guess it works out for me though. odyssey's nice too though.

#11 ·
yeah...we're going to buy from d'ella up here in queensbury and they said that they're having trouble keeping them on the lot. I've noticed quite a few around the glens falls/queensbury area.

out of curiosity, where'd you buy from?

#14 ·
i think dbpaddler summed it up - whether or not you like the "toy" look or not. Initially, I hated the concept of the 2 tone interior, but it grew on me to the point of preference as I shopped over time. I thought I would only be able to take SOP because I initially wanted the black interior, but wanted an exterior besides the SMM or SSM. But the gray feels more airy than the black to me anyway, and the green accents look great, albeit toy-like. I stopped by the dealer today to look at the green before making up my mind, and I was hooked. It was bright out, yet slightly overcast, and the green just had an incredibly rich look. I pick it up tomorrow morning :p

#15 ·
yeah, i guess my reason for not going with green is because i'm not sure i will want that same toy color in a few years. it may no longer be as much "fun". I figured that i would be less likely to get sick of a neutral color. although i do love the green. The interior of it is great. Actually the interiors of both are really nice. it was really a toss up between the tan and green.

congrats on getting your new element. ours will be in between june 20-25. we ordered yesterday.

#16 ·
[quote:21ef1d90b6=" "]Mohawk Honda in Schenectady. Lia Honda of Albany is the big discounter, but the place was so high pressure and scam-like that I ended up buying from Mohawk.[/quote:21ef1d90b6]

I concur with Lia Honda being high pressure. We have them in CT.

I filled out an online form to get an email quote from several local dealers, including Lia. Lia was the only one that didn't provide the promised email quote. Instead they called me, but still wouldn't give me a quote, just a high pressure pitch to come in (which I might have done if they had ever provided the quote they promised.) I bought from a different dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.