Honda Element Owners Club banner

My XM is STILL working, a year and a half later...

3K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Slobadon 
#1 ·
Ok, so I'm curious. When I bought my 09' brand new, I knew about the XM trial period. 3, 6 or 9 months or a year? But now I'm wondering if it has to do with how long your ACTUALLY listening? Not the physical months? Because mine is still going strong, and I bought it in June of 09.

Anyone?

#2 ·
Sirius/XM is a mess right now with the merger. Try calling their customer service... you'll never get through. Enjoy your complimentary XM! :)

#6 ·
bought my E july 09 and mine is still going as well. I refuse to call them and bring it to their attention. My partner bought a new car in nov 09 with 3 mo free sirrius...his got turned off right on the 3 month mark. Not sure why one is more efficient than other, but oh well

#13 ·
I'm really surprised that none of the dudley-do-rights on here have chimed in and told you that you're going to hell unless you call XM so you can set up a payment plan for all the free service you've been receiving.

As far as I'm concerned.......Congrats on your score!!!

#15 ·
xm customer service is the worst and they charge you for every little thing. good on you for getting over on them

#16 ·
I've had free XM on my Saab since I bought it in new 2008. I decided it was better not to tell them. I put lifetime in the E after the trial period. Changed out the radio for a navi with XM last year, they didn't want to transfer the lifetime subscription to the new XM reciever, took me an hour on the phone and about 8 people to get to someone who would swap it over for me. They finally said the would only do it if the OEM unit wasn't working, so I told them it wasn't working (since it wouldn't with the new HU) and the agreed. Good product, terrible customer service, all out of India I guess.

#17 ·
XM customer service sucks. it took me forever to cancel my subscription. I could have gone straight to ******* mode, but I was courteous. They tried everything under the sun to get me to stay. What finally did it was telling them that I was moving to Hawaii, and that unless they've launched a new satellite in the last couple of days, they didn't have service over there.

No problems after that. HA!!!

#18 ·
update: so today, got in my car like i always do only to find out my XM service was gone. only preview channels were available. I called and the rep told me that they activated my trial in december 2010 for 24 months. so actually i got 1.5 extra years (bought car in june 2009) before 12-2010. they activated it for another 3 months but i probably wont re-up. i only listened to a few channels and my iphone does the same thing for free.

was a good run tho! sad face regardless tho :?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.