Honda Element Owners Club banner

Honda Element Vibration

8K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  DCM 
#1 ·
First of all I apologize if this is topic was covered in the past but after reviewing several topic, I dont see a "match" to the issue I have not.
---
I have 03 Element EX AWD and I feel heavy vibration when I accelerate regardless the speed but I can feel it stronger on slow speed/when just start riving it from 0-40mph.

As soon as I press the pedal and the car pull the weight of the car, I can feel it vibrate but as soon I took my feet of the pedal, the wiggle is gone. So, I don't think the issue is with the tires of brakes. During the drive when I didn't pull the car (station) I don't feel anything but as soon as I press the pedal the car start vibrate again and mostly in the front end.

Could that be axle or drive shaft ?

Please advise....I need to figure this out without doing too much "try and error" :lol:

Thank you so very much for all advise and inputs !

#5 ·
Check engine, transmission, and rear differential mounts - those are the most prominent sources of vibration under acceleration since they are designed to absorb any stress of the engine to the chassis. Check to see if they are dry rotted, cracking, etc. A bad axle would cause the vibration no matter what the speed since they are constantly rotating, it wouldn't depend much on engine load. All axles will have some play as well, so don't assume the axle is bad if you can slightly wiggle it. Chances are it's a drivetrain mount.

#8 ·
I have 2004 element AWD and excactly the same vibration issue described. I have changed all the engine mounts. 4 total. Have new michelin defender tires, new brake rotors/pads. And the vibration is still there. blacklabel have you fixed your issue?
Check your differential mounts - the vibration might also increase when driving up an incline if it's the rear diff mounts. This is all really trouble shooting, vibrations can be caused by numerous issues but they are most commonly caused by drivetrain mounts in cases where you feel it only when rpm's and engine load are applied. If it's with the actually components, like axles or driveshaft, they usually occur constantly and increase with speed but can also be more noticeable as engine load is applied (via your foot).

#15 ·
There are two different common vibration issues; the first is “wobble” felt during acceleration, more pronounced from low speed, and the second issue is a “shudder” while maintaining speed, most commonly between 30-50mph. The first is indicative of worn front CV axles and the second is transmission related, often cured by doing the 3x atf dump & refill.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.