Honda Element Owners Club banner

My homemade dog barrier

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Brian Swope 
#1 ·
This is mostly a protoype. I think the concept is good, but I just used some scraps that were laying around the house. I have a little more to do to it, but it's mostly finished. It's fairly sturdy but not as sturdy as I would like. I may steal a welder and make a better one later. It's attached to the seat latch pins with hook bolts. It can be reversed to give the dogs more space.

See less See more
#2 ·
if you reversed it to give more space they would step on the bolts wouldn't they?

#4 · (Edited)
More space

Bigger dogs require more space. I made this with a mesh cargo thing from the trunk of another car. It's cut to size and woven through the bungee backs and a couple of black zip ties. Because it's flexible, both seats can move and recline as normal. Have had the rear seats out since new.

Attachments

#7 ·
Bigger dogs require more space. I made this with a mesh cargo thing from the trunk of another car. It's cut to size and woven through the bungee backs and a couple of black zip ties. Because it's flexible, both seats can move and recline as normal. Have had the rear seats out since new.
where did you get the carpet?

#6 ·
Training

Training prevents that. Plus it would be awkward for them to do that.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.