Honda Element Owners Club banner

100% Commited to the Group Buy

• Yes

Votes: 32 78.0%
  • NO

Votes: 9 22.0%

SAMCO Sport Silicone Radiator Hose Kit - Group Buy.

64K views 401 replies 41 participants last post by  Savage Toaster 
#1 · (Edited)
New Group Buy Time! Need 15 Commited EOC'ers.

First Off - POLL - You cannot change answers (that I know about) so please read everything before voting. This is the best way for me to know this group buy is nailed down.

I am in contact with Mark from SAMCO Sport, they make silicone radiator/coolant hoses. He is excited and eager to work with us. No company out there currently makes such a kit or product for the Element and he has given me the chance to organize a group buy for us. There are a lot of steps and details involved to lock down since this will essentially be an entirely new product.

Please read everything I write about this offer BEFORE posting questions. I am going to give as much and all info I have to you all so that this is a simple Yes or No answer and we can move along. But please ask as many quality questions and add quality posts to this thread.

Please do not add any negative posts about why you do not want this or why you think it is stupid or what ever. Your silence will tell us that. Thanks. If you feel the need to let us know you are not with the program, I created the NO vote on the poll for you. :razz:

NO - There is not a price yet, the product isn't made yet. You can look on ebay and www.samcosportusa.com to get familiar with their other product offerings. I'd give a ballpark of $100-$200. We'll see how that changes.

Ok enough re-hash. I'll give the honest full disclosure communication between Mark and I starting with the e-mail chain;

See less See more
#187 · (Edited)
I order mine on the website: Clips and Hoses. That was pretty easy. :lol:
Awesome, thanks so much! The website is LIVE. the appear to be listed under the Civic SI, I'll work on getting that fixed. Part number search is going to be the best bet for Hoses. You have to type in the part numbers into the search and all of the colored options that were listed pop up!

I see that what we were calling lime green, is listed as bright green. The BR might confuse as they also have a BR that stands for British racing green, a darker green. the Green listed on the site is the Bright Lime Green.

Just realized that I didn't have the clip kits partnumbers, easy enough to find, but I'll make it even easier. Here's some hotlinks!

SAMCO RADIATOR HOSE CLIP KIT: ELEMENT (K24) 03-06 - ITEM: SAM-CK564/C

SAMCO RADIATOR HOSE CLIP KIT: ELEMENT (K24) 07-11 - ITEM: SAM-CK565/C

SAMCO HEATER HOSE CLIP KIT: ELEMENT (K24) 03-11 - ITEM: SAM-CK564/H

Keep those orders rolling!

#188 ·
Ordered

Done..easy as that.

Thanks Stephen for all the heavy lifting on this! :eoc:

Someone buy that man a beer.

#189 ·
Order placed online!!! I can't wait!!!!! :)

Thanks Stephen!

#191 ·
I got the stuff in my cart but I have to ask....has the actual price gone down that much or is the stuff on auto option just clamps for the hoses. I'm on Vicodin and muscle relaxers please forgive:razz: Cuz if it has gone down that much in price this just became the best self bday/xmas gift i have ever given myself!!

Oh and Kudos to the man that made it possible....The Slobodan

#193 ·
HaHa, man, those most be some good meds, Hope the hip is healing up well!

If you only folowed the correct two links of the 3 links in the most recent post, then that is only for the clips. hyperlinking to each individual hoses would just take too much time when you can easily search for them. For your 07, Search and add both of these Hose Part numbers to your cart after selecting color choice (also If the color you want is not there, just call Jasper himself);
07~11 Coolant kit Samco part # TCS-565/C
The Heater kit will be called TCS-564/H

And just to reiterate, the 03-06 members use these part numbers for hoses;
03~06 Coolant kit Samco part # TCS-564/C
The Heater kit will be called TCS-564/H

Sorry, you are probably seeing the price go up now. But, there will be the 5% discount applied afterwards.

Right now Im thanking all of you all for making this happen. You can save your thanks, beers and all else for me when we have these on our Elements!
So; Thanks again to everyone that has ordered so far! My unofficial count shows 6 orders, we are 1/3 of the way there, keep em comming!

#195 ·
^Awesome!

So, to keep things moving, went through and PM'd and e-mailed all I could in this thread. Here's the message, or an updated one with current online ordering info;

You are receiving this message because I have not heard from you in the SAMCO thread.

Just Spoke with Jasper Tiu at Options Auto Salon. Great dude, very excited to get this kit going. Now is the time to order! The moment we have been waiting for!

He is giving us a 5% discount on the hoses and the clip kits! Expect 2-3 months to your door, this includes producing the hoses and shipping once the order is placed. Get your orders in this week! I would like to check back in with Jasper next Tuesday, Dec 2.

He is expecting the full 18 orders we have listed here. Jasper will hold the order to SAMCO until he gets all 18 in. Credit Cards will not be billed until so either. I need to know ASAP if someone is no longer in.

Ordering - All orders are to be placed individually- Shipping will be to the billing address only, no drop shipping. Repeat; Shipping will be to the billing address only.

PHONE - 1-800-678-2886, ask for Jasper and let him know you are placing your order for the Element Group buy and he will take care of you. Just in case, Keep these part numbers handy. (Please note Heater hoses PN is incorrect at this time. It should be TCS-564/H, not TCS-464/H. 564 is what is going up on the website)

ONLINE - http://www.optionsauto.com/ The parts are now listed on the website, although under the CIVIC SI. Jasper said the easiest way to pull up the kits is by doing a search in the upper left for the Part numbers listed HERE (Please note Heater hoses PN is incorrect at this time. It should be TCS-564/H, not TCS-464/H. 564 is what is going up on the website) I gave him the colors that are listed in our list. Those are on the website, if you wanted something else please call in your order. Prices shown online will not include the 5% discount, but the confirmation e-mail will reflect the correct 5% discount given.

Don’t forget those Clip Kits-Here's some hotlinks!

SAMCO RADIATOR HOSE CLIP KIT: ELEMENT (K24) 03-06 - ITEM: SAM-CK564/C

SAMCO RADIATOR HOSE CLIP KIT: ELEMENT (K24) 07-11 - ITEM: SAM-CK565/C

SAMCO HEATER HOSE CLIP KIT: ELEMENT (K24) 03-11 - ITEM: SAM-CK564/H

Any problems, do not hesitate to call Jasper. He'll help you out. I made sure to thank him for giving the Element some love and he responded with "No problem brother, its what we do!"

Please post up once you have placed your order.

THANKS!

#197 ·
sorry I hadent dropped a note here yet. but my order was placed already.

let me know how its going come tuesday and I will update my order accordingly if needed.

jasper seems like a really nice guy and the company is top notch.

humm. I wonder if he would make a intake tube TB to airbox. like this... atleast it would be a 1 piece fits all elements.

#198 ·
Lets all step up and place those orders. Remember they are not charging us until the hoses ship, that means you have 10-12 weeks to squirrel away the money. ( what's that like $4 a day?)

Rant off, I'll relax now. :twisted:

#199 ·
Whoa there Racer! I have thought about those tubes. I don't believe we have the numbers for that right now as most would probably rather go/have gone CAI and the like if they wanted to drop money on the intake side of things. BUT, Someone can start that up in a new thread, please not here! One thing at a time, We still aren't 100% on this Hose kit. I need to hear about everyone's orders for this being placed first!

#205 ·
I know that the 5% discount is for this order only, but are the hoses a one time special order? (Meaning that they will make no more after this). I am currently only interested in the radiator hoses, because I dont know how difficult it will be to do the heater hoses. I was thinking that someone could post pictures and if I can do it, would then order. Does anyone know if they are easy to get to or if its a PIA?

#206 ·
Thanks so much Burn, you rock!

Well, that sounds like a good plan ayf and it probably could work out. but the downside to that could be if this group buy does not get satisfied now, these will never see the light of day in the future. SAMCO needs the high volume initial order to offset the cost of making the tools. Tooling costs a lot of money, a couple thousand easily. That's why no one has been able to get their own custom set, thousands for hoses makes no sense. This group buy has to be satisfied now for orders to be possible down the road, a few months, years from now. Period.

If you are remotely interested in both kits and can afford them, you have no choice but the pull the trigger now! :grin:

The heater hoses are easily viewed from the topside of the engine. I think the hardest part would be finding a way to lean over the engine to get to them since they are on the back firewall. I haven't done them before obviously. A separate thread with photo's outlining it would be awesome, hopefully one gets made. I plan on following the service manual. I really think the lower radiator hose is going to be the hardest because you will be on your back, its in a tight space and the plastic under panel has to be removed (dont quote me on that). But that's still not difficult if you done things like changing out the trans filter. Really it's just draining the coolant, removing the existing pinch clips, pulling off the hose, putting the new clips on the new hose, sliding the hose on, tightening the new clips, filling with coolant and done.

The next step in my plan is to call Jasper on Tuesday at the end of the day and find the official totals. I hope all orders are in, or atleast those that have included them selves on the list speak up about their intentions.

#212 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone! Now those guys that say they are going to place their orders. I really need you to do it soon. And tell me on this thread or in PM when you do. I only know your member names and not your real names. I assume your user names are not what you placed your orders with! I am the one to tell Jasper when to pull the trigger and I would really hate to leave someone out. I wanted to check in with jasper by the end of day (east coat) tomorrow (tuesday). Let me know your plans please!

We Are not at the required 15 yet for the heater hoses. Some have dropped out and some have still not responded. Can anyone reach out to Rchid or 8Ballexpress and have them get back with an answer please?

#214 · (Edited)
12 - roll call!

12 ---

As promised I have called Jasper today to check up and he has 12 sets confirmed. My count was 13 (14 when Yoshi decides he wants to put his order in this week, stop holding us up and order dude!).

WE ARE SO CLOSE!

Im kind of thinking that Nacranym, your order may not have gone through. Please call Jasper if your name is not on the following list. Sorry for any inconvenience or confusion. I really should of had you all put down user names and first names.

Jasper gave me a list of first names (used to order by) with states. I'm going to put on my detective hat and match them up. PLEASE let me know if I didn't get any right (that is the point of this after all!). If your first name is not next to your user name here please also call Jasper, then touch base back here with me, as he claims to not have your order. I hope he just overlooked something My goal is to not leave anyone out. This list is shorter since some people have opted out :-( . Looks like everyone is down for the full kits so that makes this easy;

1. nacranym - please check in with Jasper!
2. Rchid (grey scale camo) - still haven't heard from
3. GR8Bike (blue - = Richard!
4. Biker52, Lime Green. = Bruce!
5. Darth Raider (yellow) = Philip!
6. burn619 (2 if needed for count) = Mike!
7. burn619 = Mike!
8. ayf = Allen!
9. Yoshi (lime green) - Please order soon!
10. racerc2000 (red) = Chris!
11. 2009 ELE (red) = Christopher!
12. erickang411 (yellow) = Eric!
13. burtch07 (orange) = Dan!
14. Tandemduo (red) = Shawn!
15. Elemental One (red) = Linda!(robert)
16. 8ballexpress (blue) - still haven't heard from

I have given Jasper the direction to call me as soon as he has 15 orders in, or I'll call him when I can confirm 15. Please get on the ball with this and let us know your intentions. Remember that billing will not occur for 2-3 months, holiday times are tight and this gives you a while longer to figure out your monies ( this group buy has been going on since inception in end of August, wow). If anyone else is feeling froggy and wants to pick up another extra kit, (thanks again Burn619!) I know someone might be interested in a red 07-11 in a few months, they just can't see a clear path in their funds at the moment.

#216 ·
12 ---

As promised I have called Jasper today to check up and he has 12 sets confirmed. My count was 13 (14 when Yoshi decides he wants to put his order in this week, stop holding us up and order dude!).

WE ARE SO CLOSE!

Im kind of thinking that Nacranym, your order may not have gone through. Please call Jasper if your name is not on the following list. Sorry for any inconvenience or confusion. I really should of had you all put down user names and first names.

Jasper gave me a list of first names (used to order by) with states. I'm going to put on my detective hat and match them up. PLEASE let me know if I didn't get any right (that is the point of this after all!). If your first name is not next to your user name here please also call Jasper, then touch base back here with me, as he claims to not have your order. I hope he just overlooked something My goal is to not leave anyone out. This list is shorter since some people have opted out :-( . Looks like everyone is down for the full kits so that makes this easy;

7. burn619 = Mike!
8. ayf = Alan

Just corrected my name, not a big deal, but......

#217 ·
12 ---

WE ARE SO CLOSE!

7. burn619 = Mike!
8. ayf = Alan!

I have given Jasper the direction to call me as soon as he has 15 orders in, or I'll call him when I can confirm 15. Please get on the ball with this and let us know your intentions. Remember that billing will not occur for 2-3 months, holiday times are tight and this gives you a while longer to figure out your monies ( this group buy has been going on since inception in end of August, wow). If anyone else is feeling froggy and wants to pick up another extra kit, (thanks again Burn619!) I know someone might be interested in a red 07-11 in a few months, they just can't see a clear path in their funds at the moment.

#228 · (Edited)
12 ---

As promised I have called Jasper today to check up and he has 12 sets confirmed. My count was 13 (14 when Yoshi decides he wants to put his order in this week, stop holding us up and order dude! :razz: ).

WE ARE SO CLOSE!

Please call Jasper if your name is not on the following list. Sorry for any inconvenience or confusion. I really should of had you all put down user names and first names.

1. nacranym = Dan!
2. misdirection11082 (red) - placing order by the 14th
5. Darth Raider (yellow) = Chief!
7. burn619 = Mike!
8. ayf = Alan!
9. Yoshi (lime green) - Say's he'll order soon!
13. burtch07 (orange) = Say's he'll order soon
15. Elemental One (red) = Robert!(L)
17. Rchid (grey scale camo) - still haven't heard from
18. Booters - showed interest, but ???

So now, Once Mis, Yoshi and Burtch place their orders Im calling that the 15 and having Jasper send in the order to UK and this will be a reality! And yes, If you are just now reading this and want to get in on the action, PLEASE DO!

Thanks everyone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.